Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I dunno how to work around this, but Amazon US, and some 3rd-parties, are selling dirt cheap copies of F-Zero (SNES), new and sealed. Might be handy for those of you loving up the NTSC.

Despite the PAL pic on the ad, I'm reliably informed through the Racketboy forums that they are actually NTSC.

http://tinyurl.com/9gfpkox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I dunno how to work around this, but Amazon US, and some 3rd-parties, are selling dirt cheap copies of F-Zero (SNES), new and sealed. Might be handy for those of you loving up the NTSC.

Despite the PAL pic on the ad, I'm reliably informed through the Racketboy forums that they are actually NTSC.

http://tinyurl.com/9gfpkox

Interesting, cheers for that. I ordered one from the 3rd party sellers, listed new at €7 & postage was €8...time will tell. If it is indeed NTSC new & sealed, I may leave it that way & order another cart only for actual use. Its worth nothing, but still, it made it this far without being opened so I'll leave it that way. It can join other few sealed games I have on the shelf :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

EnterNow wrote: »
    Interesting, cheers for that. I ordered one from the 3rd party sellers, listed new at €7 & postage was €8...time will tell. If it is indeed NTSC new & sealed, I may leave it that way & order another cart only for actual use. Its worth nothing, but still, it made it this far without being opened so I'll leave it that way. It can join other few sealed games I have on the shelf :o

I'm going to open the one I get.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm going to open the one I get.

Uber

EnterNow wrote: »
    Uber

Exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This will be interesting to watch and see what it ends at. A PAL Wily Wars with no booklet - but it's in the US.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mega-Man-The-Wily-Wars-Rockman-Mega-World-Sega-Mega-Drive-PAL-Version-Converter-/170930809825

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    This will be interesting to watch and see what it ends at. A PAL Wily Wars with no booklet - but it's in the US.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mega-Man-The-Wily-Wars-Rockman-Mega-World-Sega-Mega-Drive-PAL-Version-Converter-/170930809825

Why do some sellers point out it came from an "animal free" home? Are animals known for interfering with retro games or something? Smoke free fine, but animal free? :confused:

Master of the Universe

Bit strange alright!

Maybe they mean it won't be full of hair/stink of piss/have nibble marks?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Bit strange alright!

Maybe they mean it won't be full of hair/stink of piss/have nibble marks?

I guess they could also include "Poltergeist/Alien Abduction Free home" too. :pac:

Be interesting to see what it fetches. I see he also has the repro with a few bids on that too. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I reckon it's to do with hair. As being owned by five cats myself, I can safely say that hair is a serious issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

first time I saw that game for sale, I thought there were two L's in the name.

Master of the Universe

first time I saw that game for sale, I hoped there were two L's in the name.

FYP :P

I think what you're looking for is this

51ZWe7yKYeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Why do some sellers point out it came from an "animal free" home? Are animals known for interfering with retro games or something? Smoke free fine, but animal free? :confused:

For games it doesn't really matter but consoles and computers are a little different if the person let their dogs/cats/sheep in the same room as the systems.
    I've got a few systems from people and after opening them it was pretty bad the amount of animal hair and stuff inside the case. I've a dog myself (2 or 3 sometimes with the fostering) but I make sure to keep them out of my office/games room, especially when they are moulting(a Golden Retriever in moulting season is pretty bad, like tumble weeds floating around bad:().

Master of the Universe

My parents up until recently had two labradors - the hair in the house was insane. One of the dogs would graze passed you and you'd be left looking like you had a yeti's leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭antor

Anyone looking for a Virtual Boy

Anyone , am open to offers , anyone

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-virtual-boy-plus-9-games/2255329

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

antor wrote: »

Offer three fiddy

And a pack of tayto

Half a Twix

4 Maltesers

Plus

Half a bag of soggy Smoky Bacon Crisps

A tin of mustard powder

A brown lemon

Three water biscuits

Two bottles of vinegar

And a tube of Bonjella gum ointment.

And thats my final offer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Losing your touch, that should be a half used tube of bonjela!

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Offer three fiddy

And a pack of tayto

Half a Twix

4 Maltesers

Plus

Half a bag of soggy Smoky Bacon Crisps

A tin of mustard powder

A brown lemon

Three water biscuits

Two bottles of vinegar

And a tube of Bonjella gum ointment.

And thats my final offer

MMMM very tempting offer, could hand that stuff out to the kids tonight, would save me a trip to the shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I would make an offer but it would instult your asking price....:o

• Advertisement

I would make an offer but it would instult your asking price....:o

I'm just chancing my arm with that asking price ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Losing your touch, that should be a half used tube of bonjela!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Nv5c-tV8PUo#t=524s

No it isnt m8

Its a full tube :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'd like to get that, I'll throw you in an offer and see where we go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Found this for sale when I was trawling for 2nd hand laptops that I'm currently looking for....(psst... pm me if you have anything!)

Its an arcade game that some older heads will remember..... I used to love playing it......

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/house-of-the-dead-3-deluxe-full-size-arcade-machine/112841461

I'm not affiliated with the owner/seller btw, I think it would look nice in my own home but finances say otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

kupus wrote: »
    Found this for sale when I was trawling for 2nd hand laptops that I'm currently looking for....(psst... pm me if you have anything!)

Its an arcade game that some older heads will remember..... I used to love playing it......

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/house-of-the-dead-3-deluxe-full-size-arcade-machine/112841461

I'm not affiliated with the owner/seller btw, I think it would look nice in my own home but finances say otherwise.

WANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master of the Universe

Same!

It's not a bad price for something like that at all. If I had a converted garage and a van, then I'd seriously consider it.

Although, can't help but be worried about rear projection arcade machines. I'd say there'd be some bad burn in there.

Master of the Universe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Master of the Universe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I'm just chancing my arm with that asking price ;)

ah here , you could at least wait until I had a go at it!
    I'll trade you a cat for it? I've 2 , and I'm not a two of everything guy so you're welcome to one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

hmm I've nothing against our neighbours across the water (generally lovely people they are too) , but I think Ireland's still a generation or two away with buying stuff emblazoned with the Union Jack. (I think someone needs to tell tesco that)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, AlphaEagle could have it in his house, sneak it out when the Paddys have all gone home!

Well, AlphaEagle could have it in his house, sneak it out when the Paddys have all gone home!

Sorry man even I draw the line at that......It looks a complte mess....:eek:

Found these for Dale....http://www.adverts.ie/2263402
    Also this item needs more than a clean......
    http://www.adverts.ie/2266711
    The State of of it......

Ianobeano wrote: »

Bugger it, just offered the asking for one.
    Bang goes Halo 4 for starters!
    Now to hunt out a copy of something sh1te to use for a casing!

Bugger it, just offered the asking for one.
    Bang goes Halo 4 for starters!
    Now to hunt out a copy of something sh1te to use for a casing!

Congrats, you're broke !!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Congrats, you're broke !!;)

I would class it as a close call, as much as I liked halo I think it has run its course. Groundbreaking game in it's day but it's just more of the same, it's still a great game when played room on room.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I would class it as a close call, as much as I liked halo I think it has run its course. Groundbreaking game in it's day but it's just more of the same, it's still a great game when played room on room.

Was only ever bothered with Halo 1+2 myself, kind of fell apart for me after that.

• Advertisement

Was only ever bothered with Halo 1+2 myself, kind of fell apart for me after that.

Exactly my thoughts, 3 just seemed to be milking it. I still managed to get most of the others at knock down prices from a friend:o I liked ODST it brought something new but then it just turned bad again.

Exactly my thoughts, 3 just seemed to be milking it. I still managed to get most of the others at knock down prices from a friend:o I liked ODST it brought something new but then it just turned bad again.

Halo 3 lasted all of an hour in my drive, was close to just chucking it in the bin....

This is back,

and he STILL hasn't cleaned it !!! :rolleyes:

and he STILL hasn't sold it :pac:

I have to be a cliche and back out of the Everdrive, just spent 40 quid today on assorted games and tings, if I go and blow another 55 on the Everdrive I'll be shot, can't do it, even though I want it!!!
    Damn you emergent impulse control!

I have to be a cliche and back out of the Everdrive, just spent 40 quid today on assorted games and tings, if I go and blow another 55 on the Everdrive I'll be shot, can't do it, even though I want it!!!

Too follow up on this, I concur..... am beginning a spending spree that I can't seem to stop, this is what happens when herself goes out with work and leaves me to mind the kids......

• Advertisement

Too follow up on this, I concur..... am beginning a spending spree that I can't seem to stop, this is what happens when herself goes out with work and leaves me to mind the kids......

I'm just about done with the current gen stuff at release, I will make an exception for Under Defeat of course. It seems now if you're willing to wait a few months the price will be slashed to make way for the next big thing. RE6 was a disappointment filled with neither terror or suspense hardly living up to its hype. I picked up a stack of jap Saturn stuff that set me back less than a new release and a couple of gba games too.

It's a great price on them, if it was a snes one I would pick it up. I wonder what he will want for the sfc, the game doctor are a bit gone by the way since the UFO8 and Everdrive with the SD support.

I'm just about done with the current gen stuff at release, I will make an exception for Under Defeat of course. It seems now if you're willing to wait a few months the price will be slashed to make way for the next big thing. RE6 was a disappointment filled with neither terror or suspense hardly living up to its hype. I picked up a stack of jap Saturn stuff that set me back less than a new release and a couple of gba games too.

Agreed on all these points, played the RE6 demo and that was enough for me, they've ruined this franchise and I don't think they'll ever get back to the tension the first two had. "The Last of Us" is the only game I'm awaiting release of at the mo so fingers crossed on this one. I've also started to rebuild my Dreamcast collection, so this is where my attention is at, god I love that machine !

Time waster!!! Avoid Avoid Avoid!!! :D

And now I've changed my mind again!
    Going to head up on my break and collect it.
    Impulse control be damned! It's not even Lent!
    My mind is going, I can feel it...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement