Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Cheapish Dual Core machine for anyone looking to run hyperspin/MAME.
    Just add more memory and an arcadeVGA
    EnterNow wrote: »
    HS with 1GB ram? The poor pc :o
    Like I said just add more memory, trying to clear some space so all the spare desktops and other crap I've accumulated have to go, shameless plug :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

And a new CPU...
    Pentium D...
    shudder

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I'll have to keep an eye out.(for steve SI's NES haul)
    despite my nintendo moaning I actually wouldnt mind bulking up the NES collection myself.
    dont suppose you've an excitebike knocking about in the pile?, I usually miss out on it (as people keep snapping them up on the offchance they have a famicom adaptor inside;;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

And a new CPU...
    Pentium D...
    shudder
    Ah-Here-Dark-Grey.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Finally got my Debit card sorted so can buy away on Ebay etc..Primarily looking for ps1/ps2 games so if anyone sees any good deals out there, don't hesitate to post a link ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Atari Jaguar VR headset back up for sale, but as an auction now rather than a BIN. Unfortunately there's a reserve.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-VR-Headset-LOT-ULTRA-RARE-HOLY-GRAIL-MUST-SEE-/321064761130

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I think that reserves are a waste of time on ebay, have a BIN or Auction! A reserve actually put me off bidding on things a good few times. Of course I wouldn't be buying anything of that value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

:eek::eek::eek:

I hope you get the asking price man with the amount of work you put into that.

o1s1n wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

I hope you get the asking price man with the amount of work you put into that.

Ah as I said in the ad I'm not pushed to sell it at all, in fact testing it out there kinda made me wanna keep it actually :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

I would say more like $150,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I would say more like $150,000

Still some great items in that bunch. Surely if it was sold in smaller lots or individually it would sell a lot better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I stuck up that lot of NES games i was talking about a day or so ago.
    They will need a clean but are all working. I just don't have the time to clean them up at the moment and storage space is at a premium in the house and storage lockers.
    50 Euro for all 38 of them or 2 Euro a pop.

http://www.adverts.ie/2629651

N2Q3ZDNmMDBjODA4N2YxZGQxMTA2YmJlNGRlNDNlMWOQGitZnptZg2eJ1ddkCzqNaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMWFhZjJlODhjZDA2MTQ4ZDA2OGE4MTRlZWIyM2MyNWZkMTViYjhjMTQ0Njc5NjUyY2YxMTU1Y2EyOTkyMGEyNy5qcGd8MzkzfHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

Edit:

Couple of Jap DC games.
    D2 and Maken X.
    http://www.adverts.ie/2629860

Master of the Universe

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I think the seller's a guy from Racketboy. The content and location are pretty much the same, I think. The ad would go quite a ways to explaining why he's not updated his collection thread in some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Seller has never sold anything before :/

:eek: holy ****cakes

Edit: at what is being sold, not that he never sold anything before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

GOG have a 50% sale on both Witcher games at the moment, both well worth the money.

Selling off a few things to raise funds for a cab purchase.

Open to reasonable offers. http://www.adverts.ie/search/user-528239/status_active/type_all

Also thinking of selling off my copies of Metal Gear Solid - Twin Snakes for Gamecube and Resident Evil 0 for Gamecube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Where do yee guys get your Ps1 games? Ebay's too expensive..

I tried a charity shop the other day for the first time ever, no playstation games whatsoever..
    But on the plus side, the woman who worked there needed help with moving a few things and in return game me an awesome Olympiakos fc scarf, which I wore to the Ireland match forgetting it looked exactly like a Poland scarf !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It depends on what ps1 games you're looking for. Charity shops are too hit and miss and usually if there are any games it's usually FIFA 99 or some other crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Job lots on adverts are probably your best chance here. You might pick up the final fantasys, crash bandicoots etc cheap enough this way. For rarer stuff, unless you're very lucky, you'll have to bite the bullet and pay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

charity shops only ever seem to have shovelware when it comes to PS1 games.
    better chance with car boot sales, you'll get the odd person selling them without knowing what they're worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I have decided to dispose of one of my six Gamecubes:o(Eat your heart out SteveSi) It's complete with 7 games and I will take a good offer of a regular on here.;)
    http://www.adverts.ie/2637367

• Advertisement

Nobody interested in my PSVita or Game boy Advance SP NES edition?

I expect to be bargained down quite a bit. :-)

Moving house, Clearing out loads of games in auctions with no reserves. Have a look there might be some bargains to be had. Link

Master of the Universe

Moving house, Clearing out loads of games in auctions with no reserves. Have a look there might be some bargains to be had. Link

Ah I was looking at your auctions the other day! I think that F Zero X I bought came from yourself?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ah I was looking at your auctions the other day! I think that F Zero X I bought came from yourself?
    Yeah I think so! Cheers. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

14 bids on pokemon stadium 2 already with 4 days to go! Didn't think it was that much in demand

14 bids on pokemon stadium 2 already with 4 days to go! Didn't think it was that much in demand

Complete Pokemon stadium 2 usually goes for about €60.
    These auctions can go either way tho. I know there will be a good few of them with 1 bid for 99c! Really need to clear out them so I don't mind too much

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just spotted a phoenixed Progear with motherboard for less than 200 shipped, good or bad money for that?

Master of the Universe

I was watching one for age which came to €170 delivered. Almost went for it but decided not to in the end. As much as I wanted it, it's a lot of money to spend on a pirate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just spotted a phoenixed Progear with motherboard for less than 200 shipped, good or bad money for that?

Even Progear conversions are pricey so assuming that the above isn't a conversion and phoenix aside that price seems good to me.

I was actually playing Progear at the weekend to see what all the fuss was about. Have to say I didn't really like it all!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not sure I'd call a pheonixed board a pirate, it's more authentic than a conversion surely? Under €200 shipped for both boards assuming it's not a conversion sounds good to me also.

Have you played it enough on Mame to fork out that much though? Seems to be an acquired taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not sure I'd call a pheonixed board a pirate, it's more authentic than a conversion surely? Under €200 shipped for both boards assuming it's not a conversion sounds good to me also.

Have you played it enough on Mame to fork out that much though? Seems to be an acquired taste.

Yeah. Phoneix is A OK in my book.

Defo an acquired taste. Its bloody tough as well. Either that or I'm useless. Probably a bit of both.

Master of the Universe

Sorry, I should have elaborated, any 'Phoenixed' Progears I've seen are conversions. Unless it's coming from a source like AO.

Is this it Ciderdude?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jamma-JP-CPS2-Cave-Progear-No-Arashi-Arcade-board-CPS2-Motherboard-Pheonix-/271153964318?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item3f2209251e

Read the small print -

Jamma Capcom CPS2 PHEONIX Conversion..

I wouldn't put much if any value on a conversion board, sure you yourself a dead CPS2 board & convert it yourself & save a fortune.

Original boards that are Phoenixed, I wouldn't put in the same league as a conversion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I wouldn't put much if any value on a conversion board, sure you yourself a dead CPS2 board & convert it yourself & save a fortune.

Original boards that are Phoenixed, I wouldn't put in the same league as a conversion

A phoenixed board is a must if you ask me. I've a few boards and I really need to get more of them done.

Master of the Universe

All my CPS2 boards are Phoenixed bar Alien Versus Predator. Part of me wants to Phoenix it, part of me wants to leave it with battery as it's worth more to collector lunatics who care about batteries.

Not that I ever plan on selling it, but you never know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They always do that, slip the keywords in, in the small print... Critical words like "conversion", "repro" or "used to be a man"!

Arcade noob here... what is the significance of a board being 'phoenixed'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Spotted couple of okayish finds around Dublin City Centre today. There's a sealed copy of Monkey Ball: Step & Roll (Wii) for €4.50 going in CASA just by the Toymaster on Mary St. The Oxfam on Parliament St has a seemingly CIB copy of Metal Gear Solid (PS1) for 5 bob, and some 360 stuff too; though the only thing that stood out was Gears/Gears 2 for €5. The Oxfam on Francis St has Mario Party 8 and Super Paper Mario for a tenner. Not bargains by any stretch, but it beats the Gamestop's 1st party Wii premium, I guess.

Spotted around 3.30pm today, on the off-chance anyone's gonna risk heading over in the morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Achilles wrote: »
    Arcade noob here... what is the significance of a board being 'phoenixed'?

Not sure how much you know about CPS2 games (and maybe Google can explain it better than I :D) but they have A and B boards. A is the motherboard, B is the game board. B contains a battery based backup which stores keys needed for the game to run. This battery dies over time and makes the game unplayable - as in it won't run. Known as the suicide battery.

Pheonixing is the process of getting some of the roms reprogrammed so they no longer rely on those keys - so the dying battery is no longer an issue.

Something like that anyway. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Achilles wrote: »
    Nobody interested in my PSVita or Game boy Advance SP NES edition?

I expect to be bargained down quite a bit. :-)

If only the Nes SP was a AGS-101 model, I'd be all over it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement