Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI Radeon HD 4250

Options
  • 01-12-2010 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Lads,

I was looking to get a new laptop but have no knowledge of GPU's on laptops. On a budget and this would be the best GPU in a laptop I can afford. Is anyone using this card and what games can be played? I just want to run games like CSI, point and click but wouldn't mind Left 4 Dead also.

Is it handy enough to change this card for something else? I read it might be integrated so that would throw a spanner in things.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It will run L4D2, but on Low and Medium settings.

All laptop cards are "integrated" onto the board; theres not really much way to perform upgrades to them. Desktop components aren't the same form factor at all.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?cpu=Radeon+HD+4250

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks Overheal! Handy link!

Ah, feel a bit better now. would be raging if it couldn't play point and clickers but looks like it should be okay.

Advertisement