Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus closed Wednesday Dec 1, AND Thursday Dec 2, AND Friday Dec 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Chances are UCD will remain closed tomorrow just to avoid a Black Friday

Even if it did open black friday would be a non-event. Only people who have exams/tutorials would most likely head in and leave asap. Dublin bus stopped at 8 last night, and with conditions worse it will likely be the same time. I'd hazard a guess a lot of people in res are planning on heading home while they have the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Mickey Rosa

If it opens black friday will be as if not more successful than usual. People haven't been able to go out all week it will be as good as ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I never understood Black Friday before Christmas. You should be in exam mode. Then once the exams finish hit the Horse Show House for a few pints and hot whiskies and head out to town then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If it opens black friday will be as if not more successful than usual. People haven't been able to go out all week it will be as good as ever!

If they haven't been able to go out all week, they won't be able to go out tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

I imagine they will keep it closed especially since it is the final day of the week. From their end it would be easier just to avoid the hassle. But I think they are just keeping it open for those of us who really do need to go in. But if you absolutely don't need to go in I'd take it as a given that it will be closed and arrange travel plans if you live outside Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

WeeBushy wrote: »
    No fines will be given. I asked a librarian that today and they said not to worry about it.

I really wish they would put something on the library website about this. I've a book due tomorrow and don't want to be getting into superfines :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I really wish they would put something on the library website about this. I've a book due tomorrow and don't want to be getting into superfines :(

Well when I was talking to the librarian she assured me that fines will not be issued for overdue books. She wasn't sure how it would work; if fines would be given as usual and then canceled, or if they were able to modify the system. But either way if college is shut tomorrow you won't be fined.

They are superfines after all, a more intelligent breed than your average fines. They understand the situation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Well when I was talking to the librarian she assured me that fines will not be issued for overdue books. She wasn't sure how it would work; if fines would be given as usual and then canceled, or if they were able to modify the system. But either way if college is shut tomorrow you won't be fined.

They can waive fines at the desk I believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

dyl10 wrote: »
    They can waive fines at the desk I believe.

yep sure during exam time if a book is late and you can prove you had an exam that day the fine is waived.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

They really need to make a decision on whether they're opening tomorrow or not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

takin the piss at this stage .afternoon me whole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

They really do. I'm supposed to have an exam in Blackrock tomorrow and would love to know one way or the other :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 141089

A class mate of mine telephoned UCD , he was told there will be an update at 6 o clock. So realistically that will probably be 7.30.

Also I, like lots of you, am scheduled to have an exam tomorrow, and I live a few bus/luas/train journeys away from campus so basically need a solid plan ready such as make my way to college today and stay with a friend who lives near campus.

More snow is forecast so it's unlikely to be open tomorrow, but I just wish they would let us know so we know what to do. We already have exams to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

141089 wrote: »
    Also I, like lots of you, am scheduled to have an exam tomorrow, and I live a few bus/luas/train journeys away from campus so basically need a solid plan ready such as make my way to college today and stay with a friend who lives near campus.

I know today ended up being cancelled, but i emailed my lecturer yesterday to ask about the one i was due to have today. He said that there would be no problem in arranging an exam at a different time for those who couldn't make it in. I know modules would be different, and not every lecturer is the same, but i really really doubt that any lecturer would be that cruel as to not rearrange something for some students who genuinely could not make it in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Staying closed tomorrow:
    Friday 3rd December: UCD Belfield & Blackrock campuses closed

Unfortunately, due to the continuing deterioration in weather conditions, the Belfield and Blackrock campuses will remain closed on Friday, 3rd December 2010, for health and safety reasons.

A decision regarding opening on Saturday, 4th December, will be posted on this website as soon as possible.

Please continue to check this page for updates.

Language Exams
    The Language exams timetabled for the Blackrock Exam Centre on Friday, 3rd and Saturday, 4th December have been rescheduled to Wednesday, 8th and Thursday, 9th December.

Friday, 3rd December Language exams will take place in Blackrock on Wednesday, 8th December at 2.00pm

Saturday, 4th December Language exams will take place in Blackrock on Thursday, 9th December at the same times of 10.00am, 12.00pm, 2.00pm and 4.00pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

UCD will be closed tomorrow...

Guess that means no exams etc either!

*edit... beaten to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

ah nigs, prob wont be open at the weekend now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Will graduation be cancelled Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Apparently an emergency meeting on the Christmas exams will be held on Monday if the campus remains closed all weekend*

*may not be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Anyone see the massive snowball on Wednesday that was preventing the automatic doors in Daedalus from closing??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

RosyLily wrote: »
    That's what I'm wondering.
    The gown fitting was scheduled for tomorrow but that'll be shelved now. Is there a number to ring to find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

Conor108 wrote: »
    Anyone see the massive snowball on Wednesday that was preventing the automatic doors in Tierney from closing??

That snowball is beyond legendary. FIGHT THE POWER! lol.

So my learning journal has been extended to next Monday, my Glaciation essay is extended to next Friday,the day that my German Prose essay is due and the day before my two exams on Saturday morning...

..I certainly wouldn't mind if the Christmas exams are pushed back. Unlike the vast majority of people, I'm not in a hurry to finish my degree. Having said that,it wouldn't be the best way to start off 2011.

That's what I'm wondering.
    The gown fitting was scheduled for tomorrow but that'll be shelved now. Is there a number to ring to find out?

You may reserve them online then collect them Monday before grad.

Anyone see the massive snowball on Wednesday that was preventing the automatic doors in Tierney from closing??

Hahaha! But...isn't that Daedalus building?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ash910

Thats what im wondering aswell, i'll need to cancel hotels and stuff if it is, hopefully they will let us know tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

They are superfines after all, a more intelligent breed than your average fines. They understand the situation ;)

lol true, it'll still make me freak out when the library website automatically tells me I have 100 euro or whatever in fines, which it probably will. Also exams CANNOT be pushed back I don't want them hanging over my head through out Christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Exams being pushed back would screw over so many people, like all the internationals who have their flights booked home, or else all the one semester students who don't plan on coming back to Ireland after their exams or to a lesser extent me because I'm meant to be working 3 weeks straight during christmas..

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mc1990

is there a number to ring to find out?

The conferring unit's number is 353 1 716 1667/1392, email is conferring@ucd.ie. Sent them an email today but won't get a response due to college being closed tomorrow, and no answer on the phone when I rang.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Hahaha! But...isn't that Daedalus building?

Actually yeah thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Anyone see the massive snowball on Wednesday that was preventing the automatic doors in Daedalus from closing??

Why ... just why?

Advertisement