Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have the Diploma in Environmental Engineering from Trinity?

Options
  • 01-12-2010 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,
    just wondering if anyone did/is doing the course in Trinity and what job opportunities it might provide? I know jobs are hard to get at the moment but am just interested in what it could give when our economy starts to improve.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Alanna! wrote: »
    Hi,
    just wondering if anyone did/is doing the course in Trinity and what job opportunities it might provide? I know jobs are hard to get at the moment but am just interested in what it could give when our economy starts to improve.
    Thanks

I know of one fella who did it after doing his BAI, he got a job I think in Roscommon county council back in 2007 in the Engineers office. I personally wouldn't count on the Irish Economy improving any time soon, there are no jobs and it's only going to get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭210

If the subject interests you thats always a positive - and should be the main reason for choosing a direction of study. The big problem is that a lot of the environmental science work here is carried out through or on behalf of state bodies. The staffing recruitment embargo means these bodies cant recruit staff and as budgets get squeezed they may be less likely to have funds to farm out work to private consultancy firms. Although there is also an argument that due to staff shortages more work than previously could have to be carried out by private firms. It isnt all doom & gloom and opportunities are still coming up in this area but the competition now is very tough because there are so many good people out there.

Advertisement