Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Nation

Options
  • 01-12-2010 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

It's out on PSN today for €12.99 (20% discount for Plus members ;)). It got a great review from Joystiq and the Trailer looks great.

If anybody wants to do some online co-op, I'll be up for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its really good, best Zombie game in recent history really captures the panic effect.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The minute I hear twin stick shooter I zone out and yawn. I'm sick of them like I'm sick of tower defence games and the only one I like now is Geometry wars 2 because it actually tries something different with its different modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Very awesome game! I'm up for co-op add me PSN: Notorioux :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Its really good, best Zombie game in recent history really captures the panic effect.

You have played Realism Versus on Left4Dead2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Downloaded this on a whim and i have to say im impressed. I love the rankings and stats section. Really detailed by country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You have played Realism Versus on Left4Dead2 ?

No, left for dead was lost on me with no online. And the zombies arent scary.

This game does a good job with atmosphere makes it all very creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

No, left for dead was lost on me with no online. And the zombies arent scary.

This game does a good job with atmosphere makes it all very creepy.

That's unfortunate. LFD is best played against and with Assholes. Nothing worse then waiting for the inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Great game, what weapons are people finding effective? Find the SMG a bit sh1t, but I've not upgraded it much. I maxed out the rifle as it has infinite ammo. The flamethrower is good if you use it sparingly – light a mob and back off – the fire spreads between zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

grizzly wrote: »
    Great game, what weapons are people finding effective? Find the SMG a bit sh1t, but I've not upgraded it much. I maxed out the rifle as it has infinite ammo. The flamethrower is good if you use it sparingly – light a mob and back off – the fire spreads between zombies.

Love the SMG but I have it nearly fully upgraded. It works best when there's tons of zombies running at you ;)

There's no voice chat for online co-op at the moment which is crazy in this day and age but they've said they are patching it in. They need to add game saves aswell. If you are half way through with one person and decide to start with another you lose your last playthrough, has anyone worked a way around this?

Anyone having problems connecting to friends?

Although with this particular person, i do have problems with the majority of games. Good old UPC to another UPC doesn't work very well(or else one of us has a very hostile connection?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

It's enjoyable enough to play, but it loses my attention fairly quickly. It cribs a lot of stuff from other games, without having a personality of its own really, which just leaves me a bit cold. Kills the atmosphere when you're just sitting there saying "Oh this is like that bit from...,"

Half the zombie types they've ripped off from other games, primarily Left 4 Dead. Just makes it all feel a bit half-arsed despite the gameplay being good, not fantastic, but engaging enough to pass a half an hour or so. Its good enough value for money though considering the length of the game and all, from what I can tell anyway.

For similar-ish gameplay, but with more of a focus on puzzle elements, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is much better.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    It cribs a lot of stuff from other games, without having a personality of its own really, which just leaves me a bit cold. Kills the atmosphere when you're just sitting there saying "Oh this is like that bit from...,"

Half the zombie types they've ripped off from other games, primarily Left 4 Dead.

I don't think it really ripped anything off from L4D(bar the bloomers), mainly for the fact that L4D is itself a rip off of the old zombie movies and general horror film theme.
    The only thing that really makes L4D stand-out is the 4 player co-op.

I didn't find it overly similar to any particular game. It's not an original but the gameplay is fresh as you scour the maps to find the treasure and your extras are your lifeline when the massive hoards arrive

I like it, I've finished it now and it was by far the best game I've downloaded from the store.

Craziest level was the last part on maybe the 4th level. I died 2/3 times and really didn't think there was any way I'd make it as there must have been 1000 zombies in 2/3 waves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

NotorietyH wrote: »
    It's enjoyable enough to play, but it loses my attention fairly quickly. It cribs a lot of stuff from other games, without having a personality of its own really, which just leaves me a bit cold. Kills the atmosphere when you're just sitting there saying "Oh this is like that bit from...,"

Half the zombie types they've ripped off from other games, primarily Left 4 Dead. Just makes it all feel a bit half-arsed despite the gameplay being good, not fantastic, but engaging enough to pass a half an hour or so. Its good enough value for money though considering the length of the game and all, from what I can tell anyway.

For similar-ish gameplay, but with more of a focus on puzzle elements, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is much better.

Games dont have to be orginial to be enjoyable, games do often take elements from other games and make it own , like Lara Croft and the guardians of light takes elements from diablo but its does its own thing and feels new, to me dead nation is fun it has its dark gritty atmosphere nice mechanic and a great online leaderboards. :D

Advertisement