Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinkpad T40 Laptop / Bicycle stolen

Options
  • 01-12-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Longshot I know, but...

During the night, the place where I work in the Blanch Corporate Park was broken into. A few things where stolen, but the most important are an old Thinkpad T40 laptop which I used as an application development test platform and a mountain bike.

I'm hoping that the scum responsible tries to sell them to someone reading this forum (as I said...a real longshot!). The laptop contained a lot of recent code changes that were not backed up (as it was stolen before the automated backup was made), and it will take a lot of time to redo the changes.

The T40 Laptop looks like this, but will likely still have part of the cut Kensington Lock attached:
    http://computercenter.mymall.bg/product_images/p/ibm_20thinkpad_20t40_1__64336.jpg

Don't have any pics for the bike, but it was silver, with a very heavy frame, and the back tyre was punctured. It's quite distinctive as the frame bars are quite thick.

Quite cheeky for someone to break into a building with so many security camera's both inside/outside, and we're checking the security tapes now.

Please keep an eye out for anyone selling either of these items and send me a PM if you can.

Thanks all!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I work in the Industrial park opposite the FAI/National Aquatic Centre. Our security guys in there told us about a few places in the area where laptops had been stolen - wonder if it's the same guy? He's known to the gardai and *ahem* resident in the area there by the water tower apparently. If you know where I mean. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I was reading recently in the blanch gazzett that break ins doubled in the last year. And after budget day I think they may get even worse.
    Bad luck about that laptop good chance its long gone now. but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Yeah, Budget, recession and Christmas are likely to drastically increase the number of break-in's, as well as muggings and armed robbery of shops etc,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

I'll watch out for the lappy. I fix PC's around D15 and I do get offered lappys form time to time, mostly for parts but if i see it I'll certainly let you know.

This type of thing is on the increase.

Advertisement