Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Light snow here again, I'm off to bed now so guessing this is the last snow I'll see from this spell. Its been an epic 12 days here though, not quite up to East Coast standards but its snowed here almost every day over the past week and a half. We got a nice top up over the past 2 days as well before the thaw sets in, currently about 11cm in undisturbed areas and about 6cm general covering so a few spots might batle through the heat and survive into next week!

Surprisingly mild right now at only -4C, light snow every 45 minutes or so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Under no circumstances should -4 be called mild!
    -4.2 here at the moment, place is like something out of the arctic with all the ice still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Dry morning. -11.3C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Clear, calm and sunny in Galway City. Temp currently -1.6C with an overnight low of -3.9C.

-11.9C in Castlederg, thats more like it :D

Turns out I was wrong as well, more snow when I got up this morning and another half an inch or so overnight.

Blue skies at the moment, light northerly wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

-2c. Clear skies.

-0.4 here.
    Overnight low of -5.6.
    A very light covering of snow overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Clear blue skies, lovely sunny day. Calm with current temp 0c up from an overnight low of -3.5c. Still lots of lying snow and roads with slushy snow frozen hard. No thaw to speak of at the moment. Unusual for my seaside location.

3c.
    Just wana get the oncoming thaw over with so we can get the cold weather back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Blue skies here, things starting to thaw, 1.3c with a low of -7.9c at 5am today.

• Advertisement

light rain. 2c.

Pangea wrote: »
    3c.
    Just wana get the oncoming thaw over with so we can get the cold weather back :pac:

yes.:D if only there was a fast forward button:pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Was sunny all day temp got to 4 deg,

Clouding over in Galway city. Temp 1.3C.
    Little if any thaw today and untreated roads and paths are icy and dangerous again tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-11.6c already!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Villain wrote: »
    -11.6c already!

Nice. Be nice to set a record on the 'last' night :)

Light rain in Galway city . Temp has risen to 2C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Villain wrote: »
    -11.6c already!

Madness... ill be keeping an eye on ur site 2nite Dan!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

after some light rain today the Freeze has started again and the road is worse than ever.......

Anyone know why the NRA stations haven't been on IWN for the past few days?

Clear skies and -7.3C in Castlederg which is the closest one to me that I can see, guessing its a few degrees milder here

There was a slight thaw today but nothing overly noticable, still a few inches everhwhere and everythings been frozen again for the past few hours.

• Advertisement

Harps If i was you I wouldnt be going by Castlederg, Its along way from letterkenny in temperture terms. Tempertures vary greatly from town to town ,never mind counties :)
    You should purchase a weather theremometer, It would be interesting to see the temps you get. P.S I take it the reason you choose not go with gaoth dobhairs readings is because they are not as low as castledergs :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭doOh

That rain in Galway is now beatiful clear ice on the roads ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Down to -4c here following a daytime high of -1c.

Pangea wrote: »
    Harps If i was you I wouldnt be going by Castlederg, Its along way from letterkenny in temperture terms. Tempertures vary greatly from town to town ,never mind counties :)
    You should purchase a weather theremometer, It would be interesting to see the temps you get. P.S I take it the reason you choose not go with gaoth dobhairs readings is because they are not as low as castledergs :P :pac:

Gaoth Dobhair is by the coast and never gets cold, I'm from that part of the county and we very rarely get snow hence my enthusiasm for the stuff. Even in this cold spell the parents tell me theyve only had 2 days with snow on the ground.

Castlederg is miles away but I like to be optimistic with the temperature as you've probably seen :D Really should get a thermometer for myself though

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 99 ✭✭Royal Dub

http://www.sat24.com/gb

Hi there, first time poster on weather forum.....is there something large drifting towards us from the north in the attached link?

Thanks

Harps wrote: »
    Gaoth Dobhair is by the coast and never gets cold, I'm from that part of the county and we very rarely get snow hence my enthusiasm for the stuff. Even in this cold spell the parents tell me theyve only had 2 days with snow on the ground.

Castlederg is miles away but I like to be optimistic with the temperature as you've probably seen :D Really should get a thermometer for myself though

I dont agree with your statement that Gaoith Dobhair never gets cold, -5 one of the last nights I checked and seems to get plenty of snow ,Im sure it was different in that island your from though;)
    Also just because your beside the coast doesnt mean it never gets cold, Im beside the coast and its bloody freezing, the areas around Donegal bay get plenty of snow.
    Also there was an inch of snow last night in parts of Glencolmcille, ya cant go much further out to the coast than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Harps,

Check out the Killygordon site.

http://www.nratraffic.ie/weather/default.asp?weatherstation=IR34&RegionId=0&view=location

Only reading -0.6 here in ballybofey

-0.9 here Looks like I have beaten ballybofey for once! :D

It seems to have warmed up everywhere in the past while, Castlederg has gone up by 4.3C in just over 2 hours. Even Carlow seems to have gotten a bit warmer

We had a shower a while ago, sleety rain that froze as soon as it hit the ground, thankfully everything is still covered in snow so the footpaths wont be bad but it'll make the roads dangerous again for the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A bright day in Castlebar with a thaw this afternoon,but a few showers in the late afternoon has left side roads/footpaths icy again.-1 atm.Light NW'LY.1029.

Advertisement