Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

gbee wrote: »
    Saw those clouds too, have a poor iPhone snap and went to a great location to get a better snap and the phone rang ~ business. So forgot the snap.

I took a decent enough pic from my webcam and its posted in the thread about SE cloud formations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A cloudy dry and fairly mild day in Castlebar.5 Degrees atm,Light Westerly.1037.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

7.9 degrees here
    Quite breezy out too, winds have picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Cloudy, breezy and 5 degrees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

A 'tropical' 5.6C in Galway City. Overcast with a light W'ly breeze.
    1035.8hPa - Falling

• Advertisement

Can hear the gusts outside and the creeks in the walls, looks like its getting a bit stormy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

And now lets head over to Met Eireann for the general and sea area forecast,Rte1 Radio 1/Sky 0160.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

A mild but moist 5.6c here in Waterford City, breeze getting up a little at 11km/h from a WNW direction. The calm before the better more interesting stuff ;)

More Data and Live Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

A mild but moist 5.6c here in Waterford City, breeze getting up a little at 11km/h from a WNW direction. The calm before the better more interesting stuff ;)

More Data and Live Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

Yeah I was just outside and noticed that it feels a bit windy. Chilly breeze too - and that's only a taster! :eek:

Do you reckon MT is correct in thinking there'll be minimal snowfall down our way until Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pangea wrote: »
    Can hear the gusts outside and the creeks in the walls, looks like its getting a bit stormy :)

Building up here too, some rain as well. East Donegal.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Cloud, 6.9c, 1026.5hPa and falling, WNW winds of 12 - 18km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mollymawk

Think I posted in wrong thread earlier -
    Sorry, L-plates on here!

Wind is picking up, has veered slightly northerly, F 3-4, but seems to be building.
    Window thermometer is steady at 7'.
    Spitting cold rain from about 9 this evening.
    North Co Sligo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Wind has really picked up here, I can hear big gusts in the chimney all of a sudden

Heavy drizzle now as well which is moving almost horizontally in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mollymawk

In the last few minutes the wind has changed again. Mad, it's surging in gusts of about F6, first from the south, then sucked back from the north. I'm fully aware that there are plenty of surface features here having an influence on it, but it's fresh out there!
    Can't help but feel the time would be good to start battening down the hatches!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭S McC

Our Jack Russell is acting strange. He's sniffing to the N to NW and grumbling.
    Could be a Fox, Cat or Rat. But he's reacting a bit differently. I think he smells something on the wind.
    8 celsius here at 3:19. In Beltra WSW Sligo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

S McC wrote: »
    Our Jack Russell is acting strange. He's sniffing to the N to NW and grumbling.

Tis snowmageddon coming i tells ya:eek:

Windy damp and about +7 C. Average West coast night. So Far!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

6.3.c wind getting quite strong, drizzle, the calm is over. :)

Hey Mountainy man. Do you have a weather station up there?
    I only have a max min thermometer outside and a really old barometer here.

Cant measure wind speed or dew point.

But I get a feeling that there is snow on the wind.

hi s mcc, pretty much same as you , max /min but has digital readings so i get the decimals, got it in b&q so don't know how accurate it is , also got a lidl baromerer and have never set it accuratly for height above sea level, donno how to. have been looking at the weather stations through the links in the thread but too expensive for me at the mo:(, i can dream

• Advertisement

Same as me.
    There is a storm from the north on the way. The air temp is about + 7 celsius and really damp. But the wind is from the north. Pine trees are whistling.
    If this polar low comes in on this wind then we have to get snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Gone very windy. & our hedgehog who wouldnt move to save his life has just practicly ran across the garden.. dog is going bananas so something is a coming ....

The amount of moisture on the air outside is a bit akin to damp early spring day.

i recon that the only unknown is the depth of snow, i dont really want it but love it at the same time , just know that the roads will be a mess again , M.T. recons that there will be about a foot by monday :eek: I hope he is wrong or do I:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Quite Gusty here in Castlebar .... bit of horizontal light rain. The joys of night shift!

Wind is picking up. Still relatively mild. Barometers dropping albeit slowly. Air is very damp and moisture laden. Spitting rain now.

i recon that the only unknown is the depth of snow, i dont really want it but love it at the same time , just know that the roads will be a mess again , M.T. recons that there will be about a foot by monday :eek: I hope he is wrong or do I:confused:

Nice to have snow when we are all finishad and at home. The next few days are going to be a bit of a trial. Dont take any unnecessary risks. Love snow too.

S McC wrote: »
    Nice to have snow when we are all finishad and at home. The next few days are going to be a bit of a trial. Dont take any unnecessary risks. Love snow too.

Ya its a bit of a pain in the you know what ! but am prepared , we knew it was comming , dont need to go any where thankfully, except am off to england for xmas next wed (hopefully!) (mabey!) stay safe and warm, wind really getting up now, going to bed now , good night:)

Stormy here and raining, looked at temp gauge an hour ago and it was over 8c.
    No Sign Of Mr.Arctic yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Morning P. Same conditions here. Have to get to lidl to queue before 8 fir a tv. Brrrrr. Then I am locked in till Monday at the earliest.

Advertisement