Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing heavy here now and lieing. SW Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

ME now saying that this cold snap will be worse than the last one...:D

Temp now 0.7c, dry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Nice heavy shower of snow after sticking as well. Temp reading of -1 at the moment.

/is know browsing sun holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Nice heavy shower of snow after sticking as well. Temp reading of -1 at the moment.

/is know browsing sun holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

current conditions in east Mayo are as follows:

Snow is starting to stick goodo!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Nothing in south Mayo yet.

current conditions in east Mayo are as follows:

Snow is starting to stick goodo!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
    Are you in the same east mayo as me? nothing here in castletown yet:confused:
    Altough it has gotten very dark!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭In my opinion

Snow falling in Loughglynn last half hour and seems to be sticking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Letterkenny..Frequent heavy snow showers, sticking for the past few hours. The wind has totally died down so the wind chill is mostly gone but still bitterly cold out there

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭popflop

Nothing still here in the Newry area :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

snowing heavy in north mayo and beginning to stick :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭dubal

Snowing in london now, happy as long as I get home

Dubal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 THE BUL

nothing in carlow as of yet, a little sleet otherwise disapointing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

snowing heavy in north mayo and beginning to stick :):)

whereabouts in north mayo? where i am it's more hailstones

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Dry in Waterford but Temp has dropped to 2.0c DP -0.3c. High today was 8.7c Winds are light.

More live data and webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Sandyford update:

Became windy last night and for the first time since last week it didn't freeze; stayed dry here, no drizzle. By this morning a strong wind, still dry and the remaining snow piles almost wiped out as the temp rose to 7C.

The Cold Front seems to have passed over here without any precipitation at all!

It's now 0C, partly cloudy with a light breeze. But the remnants of the snow that fell on 26th November survived!

All in all rather boring though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

In (around) Sligo snow is covering everywhere bar the most frequented roads. Not only is it sticking but it's freezing now as well.

My guesstimate is that roads that are still wet will be black ice in about another hour or so at the latest.

Be very careful out there, icy patches are frequent even on good roads.

Overall snow height at the moment is still under an inch, but it is sticking/covering and showers are heavy and frequent. All showers that will fall will accumulate ...no more thaw from hereon in.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

snow in kanturk (cork). Light and wet so not sticking. Snowed all the way into mallow too but stopped as i came up to the roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Echoing peasants sentiments as just drove home in a heavy snowburst and it wasnt pleasant. Apart from main primaries they have given up gritting and no white lines were on the minors at all.

0.3c
    dew point is -0.4c

temperature went to minus 0.1c but rose a couple of points in the last snow.

still havent figured out how to attach a visible image otherwise I would.

maybe computer has froze ! groan:(

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Imagineer

Minute dry flakes in Galway....

• Advertisement

pauldry wrote: »
    Echoing peasants sentiments as just drove home in a heavy snowburst and it wasnt pleasant. Apart from main primaries they have given up gritting and no white lines were on the minors at all.

0.3c
    dew point is -0.4c

temperature went to minus 0.1c but rose a couple of points in the last snow.

still havent figured out how to attach a visible image otherwise I would.

maybe computer has froze ! groan:(

Go to [URL="http://photobucket.com/"[/URL] - register; upload; save and then copy the 4th line of code from a list of 5 options - then paste it into the message box here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Gerry howley

A message for Some of the people that are posting on this site please leave a location it would help alot THANKS

Meanwhile Castlebar had a light fall of snow in the last hour didnt make much of a covering due to alot of rain today Temp down around 0c atm in a light Northerly Wind....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Are you in the same east mayo as me? nothing here in castletown yet:confused:
    Altough it has gotten very dark!:D

Where is Castletown i've never heard of it::p

brrr with that wind. snow nicely piling up now. i suppose it would be very greedy hoping for some thunder snow:p

IMG_3749-1.jpg

This was the area between Kilcullen and Moone, County Kildare yesterday afternoon. Was there again today and while the very strong winds and temps from 5C to 8C with drizzle did some damage to the cover most will survive from the late November period till this freeze ends! :cool:

it's really chucking it down now, total ground cover. Real small powdery flakes:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭S McC

About a 1/2 inch of very fine snow in the last 15 minutes here in SW Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Heavy snow in North Galway from Headford to Abbeyknockmoy(reported by workmate on delivery run)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭S McC

Winds picked up. Just under +1 degrees. Gonna be an interesting night:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

wind has switched to a north easterly direction-midlands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

will that mean snow for midlands???

Advertisement