Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

noah45 wrote: »
    will that mean snow for midlands???

not sure tbh,just noticed the change their now do,may change....think we're in for snow friday onwards anyhow!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Getting alot colder here in cork city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

Temp 0.5c, ground/roads covered in layer (bout half an inch) of mostly hail, some snow. Roads already looking dangerous, thank god I got my winters fitted last Tuesday :D

Can't wait to open the curtains in the morning...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Snowing here in Killybegs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Played golf today in a local club in the midlands (mount Temple). We had sleety snow fall on us the whole way around. it was bizarre, interesting and fun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

snowing fairly heavily now and sticking goodo. this is what i've been waiting for. the build up was worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Gerry howley

snow showers are becoming more frequent here in Castlebar it be interesting to see how the place will look in the morning Its Winter Part 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Just had a sleet shower here in Dingle Town,Kerry.Not much to report here in the SW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Well Done Nacho, If you beat me again in the snow period , that will be 3 in a row, I will not be happy, so just letting you know think carefully before you post what the depth up there really is OK?
    :P
    I think you will be overtaking me in overall snowfall stakes in the last few years if you win this one :(
    Still a white covering here nothing major, a bit of a dissapointment so far if i must be honest, MTs forecast has taken focus of Dongeal for today and tomorrow, I thought we were getting the worst of it, things change fast :(.
    0c here and a bitter artic wind, never seen it windy like that and it still freezing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just got our first sleet shower here in the Kingdom, its freezing outside, hopefully all is good for a good covering tonight.

the streamers must be making this far inland because this is the heaviest snow i've seen this winter. crikey if this could keep going all night there would be a decent total come morning time.

Pangea wrote: »
    Well Done Nacho, If you beat me again in the snow period , that will be 3 in a row, I will not be happy, so just letting you know think carefully before you post what the depth up there really is OK?
    I think you will be overtaking me in overall snowfall stakes in the last few years if you win this one :(
    Still a white covering here nothing major, a bit of a dissapointment so far if i must be honest, MTs forecast has taken focus of Dongeal for today and tomorrow, I thought we were getting the worst of it, things change fast :(.
    0c here and a bitter artic wind, never seen it windy like that and it still freezing.

welcome back Owenc:p

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

ringaskiddy (cork): nothing falling at all but cold. Car says 1degree but dunno how accurate it would be

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Heavy showers of Snow throughout the evening in Castlebar.Gusty Northerly wind.1014.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Beth wrote: »
    ringaskiddy (cork): nothing falling at all but cold. Car says 1degree but dunno how accurate it would be

Cork Airport Station reading o zero degrees Beth so accurate enough id say :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Pangea wrote: »

Much the same here, its been graupel most of the night and any time it does change to snow its only small flakes so theres no real accumulation at all. Maybe 2-3cm in places but generally its still just a light dusting which is frustrating considering its been going almost constantly all evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 THE BUL

does anyone know if it will snow in the kildare south dub area?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

AA roadwatch has this to say:
    N17/SLIGO* Extreme care is needed throughout Co. Sligo. The N16 Sligo/Manorhamilton Rd is impassable, especially at Glencar, while the Sligo-Ballintogher Rd (R287) is also impassable. * Also avoid the N17 Sligo/Tubbercurry Rd on the Sligo side of Tubbercurry at Achonry and at Tubber due to the icy conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Harps wrote: »
    Much the same here, its been graupel most of the night and any time it does change to snow its only small flakes so theres no real accumulation at all. Maybe 2-3cm in places but generally its still just a light dusting which is frustrating considering its been going almost constantly all evening
    Yeah just over half an inch here id say. Still nice to look at ,and dangerous to drive in, but dammit this is a big letdown so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

Don't give up yet people, tomorrow is another day, tonight could bring more surprises too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

THE BUL wrote: »
    does anyone know if it will snow in the kildare south dub area?

Only God my Friend,only God..altough I would say given the weather forecast theres a mighty fine chance it will snow everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Total snow in Sligo town teasing the inch mark over an inch on the outskirts.

Went for a walk in heavy snow to investigate it.

Its really wet sticky snow. That can get really deep with heavy showers.

Thermometer goes to minus 0.2 but as soon as it reaches this it goes to plus 0.2c with a pssing shower.

Showers seem to be a total mixture too in Sligo town of Hail Sleet and Snow in the same shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭popflop

Nothing yet - Crossmaglen

edit: Light snow flurries just started yay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Ballybofey (Donegal), 3 inches of snow on the ground and another shower starting, temp was -3, now -1 and wind picking up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

icom wrote: »
    Ballybofey (Donegal), 3 inches of snow on the ground and another shower starting, temp was -3, now -1 and wind picking up.

3 inches? It must be turning to proper snow once it gets further inland :rolleyes:

Its become almost constant here now but still just graupel. Probably over an inch by now but for such heavy and prolonged snowfall that a pathetic amount. If it was falling as proper thick snow it'd be amazing right now so just shows how fine the line is

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Harps wrote: »
    3 inches? It must be turning to proper snow once it gets further inland :rolleyes:

Its become almost constant here now but still just graupel. Probably over an inch by now but for such heavy and prolonged snowfall that a pathetic amount. If it was falling as proper thick snow it'd be amazing right now so just shows how fine the line is

350 feet ASL, we usually get a bit more snow up in the hills !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

Something wrong with the radar over most of the country?

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Warmed up from-2.5 to -2.0 within the last half hour here in North Tipp...and now big white fluffy flakes of the white stuff :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

And as soon as I posted about the fluffy white stuff...it stopped :mad:

Temp still climbing -1.5 now... :confused:

Advertisement