Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The evil sun is out now, but no thaw on as the temperature is still below zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭puppydogeyes

Snowing lightly again .

• Registered Users Posts: 32 andrioolis

does anyone know what is happening this evening in dublin? can we expect snow before 12pm????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

snowing in clonakilty co. cork

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Heavy sleet in the Westport area - but no real snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Very heavy snowfall at the moment, wind picking uo a bit, snow falling diagonaly.

a heavy and prolonged shower at the moment. who needs a polar low:D

this by its end will be the most snow i've seen since 2000.

the wind is beginning to pick up now as well!! this is fantastic stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

The evil sun is out now, but no thaw on as the temperature is still below zero.
    Defintly wont be any thaw, sun was shining here too and it was 1-2c and no thaw. Too cold.
    Around 4-5 cm here, main roads are very bad, suprising how a few cms can cause chaos.
    Just had a shower of hail again, Showers are mixed a lot with grauphel and hail etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Another cm or two here in Dundalk overnight, amounting to a fairly decent covering....can see the greensih grey clouds gathering to the N of Slieve Gullion now and judging by rardar we'll have farily heavy snow here some stage this afternoon...perhaps in the next hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

About 6cm lying on ground here, sun now out & blue sky:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Balmed Out wrote: »
    snowing in clonakilty co. cork

I don't believe you, take a picture and post it.;)

Pangea wrote: »
    Defintly wont be any thaw, sun was shining here too and it was 1-2c and no thaw. Too cold.
    Around 4-5 cm here, main roads are very bad, suprising how a few cms can cause chaos.
    Just had a shower of hail again, Showers are mixed a lot with grauphel and hail etc.

i just can't understand how I'm getting more than you. normally it's always donegal that's get most of all the snow going. is that what has you sickened. sorry i'm only messing. i hope you feel better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Bumble32 wrote: »
    I don't believe you, take a picture and post it.;)

Inchydoney Island Hotel webcam does not show snow [yet]!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ccoyle

Here we go again should get 30 mins of powder from this one
    Currently 11 cm s

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

What way is Belfast Airport, heard it was closed but will it re-open today/tomorrow. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ccoyle

white out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Sheba891

White out in Letterkenny too:)

i just can't understand how I'm getting more than you. normally it's always donegal that's get most of all the snow going. is that what has you sickened. sorry i'm only messing. i hope you feel better soon.
    Yeah Donegal defintely didnt bear the brunt of it as forecasted, must of shifted east or something , I dont understand it.
    Bad day for me indeed, sick as a dog and then only getting 5cm of snow ,ah well :) Any snow is better than none I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Proper whiteout here now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

Only a tiny covering in Galway city overnight - not even 1mm, never mind a cm. Not a sign of snow today either. Very disappointing so far. Come on snow.

• Advertisement

Pangea wrote: »
    Yeah Donegal defintely didnt bear the brunt of it as forecasted, must of shifted east or something , I dont understand it.
    Bad day for me indeed, sick as a dog and then only getting 5cm of snow ,ah well :) Any snow is better than none I guess.

yeah. at least the snow won't be undergoing a major thaw after a day or two. who knows it may just last till Christmas if we are lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Sickening hearing of all this snow. it looks like a better than normal summers day out my office window in dublin. Sunny but cold.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Sickening hearing of all this snow. it looks like a better than normal summers day out my office window in dublin. Sunny but cold.

Hello Malahide, we must be cousins, sunshine in Blackrock too, that's the one in Cork btw .... ;)

2.2°C rising: Full Sunshine
    1005.1 falling slowly:
    Wind light: NW
    Hum 98%

[17/12/10:12.50]

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

Why are there still people reporting their weather when their location states "last house on the left" etc., you are wasting your time with basically useless posts...

Just made a journey from Milford to letterkenny through Ballyare and back, couple of inches of fresh snow on the roads, fantastic sight and the winter tyres are doing their job. If people were better prepared traffic would not come to a stand still, and you can't get better warnings anywhere then on this forum.

Next big shower is on the horizon, sure this one will head for Convoy next :D

temp still hovering at around 1c, 997hPa and dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Monasette

Snow starting to fall in Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

More snow falling now, near "blizzard" conditions right now. proper snow

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Heavy snow falling in SE Co. Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Just had a light shower of snow in Kanturk (Cork) but stopped quickly. Sunshine now :(

• Advertisement

Had another graupel shower, graupelmaggadon all night , what is up with that?
    Had a proper snow shower there after the graupel shower.
    Starting to snow now again.
    edit: Turned to graupel again :mad:

Advertisement