Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Sunshine gone :D
    Heavier shower of snow now in Kanturk (Cork). Fab to watch - its swirling around like mad and seems to be sticking on the tops of walls :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Just popped out for a quick walk about over lunch - absolutely lovely crisp, sunny day in Dublin (city centre at least)
    I really don't want it to snow, I absolutely hate it - am I the only one who doesn't want a white christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

- am I the only one who doesn't want a white christmas?

If you throw in the Christmas with that, I'd not want either actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 b2dadizzle

No, you're deffo not the only one who doesn't want it to snow. I totally hate it. It's nice to watch, but it causes too much disruption. I couldn't leave the house for nearly 2 weeks here in Carlow. My wife had to move to her mother's house, which is closer to Kilkenny for her job. I don't think some people realise how disruptive it is for people who live out in the country. We can't rely on buses or trains. It's 20 miles to the nearest main road for me, so there's no hope of me getting on a gritted road. It hasn't snowed here today yet, and I really hope it doesn't. Was a guy killed here a couple of weeks ago due to the snow and ice. I wish people would think of his family and friends when they're on here hoping for snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

snowing heavily again.

there is 13 cm of snow on the ground now- a bit more on the grass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

b2dadizzle wrote: »
    No, you're deffo not the only one who doesn't want it to snow. I totally hate it. It's nice to watch, but it causes too much disruption. I couldn't leave the house for nearly 2 weeks here in Carlow. My wife had to move to her mother's house, which is closer to Kilkenny for her job. I don't think some people realise how disruptive it is for people who live out in the country. We can't rely on buses or trains. It's 20 miles to the nearest main road for me, so there's no hope of me getting on a gritted road. It hasn't snowed here today yet, and I really hope it doesn't. Was a guy killed here a couple of weeks ago due to the snow and ice. I wish people would think of his family and friends when they're on here hoping for snow.

Well, well, lot of stuff going on there. We live "in the country" and don't get stuck indoors because of snow. If you live that isolated why not get some proper winter tyres for the car so you don't get "stuck".
    I really don't get how us liking and hoping for snow should have anything to do with somebodies death, that's a bit far fetched me thinks.

Biglad wrote: »
    Well, well, lot of stuff going on there. We live "in the country" and don't get stuck indoors because of snow. If you live that isolated why not get some proper winter tyres for the car so you don't get "stuck".
    I really don't get how us liking and hoping for snow should have anything to do with somebodies death, that's a bit far fetched me thinks.

YES. IT'S AS RIDICULOUS AS ME HOLDING YOU PARTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATHS AND HASRDSHIP THAT ENSUE FROM HEATWAVES ACROSS EUROPE, BECAUSE YOU EXPRESSED A LIKING FOR HOT WEATHER.

oops. I didn't mean to shout:o

I'm obviously not blaming anyone for liking the snow or for someone's death. I'm just saying that not everyone enjoy's it or is hoping for it. I just think that everyone should be extra careful when heading out, either on foot or by car. That's all.

I'm obviously not blaming anyone for liking the snow or for someone's death. I'm just saying that not everyone enjoy's it or is hoping for it. I just think that everyone should be extra careful when heading out, either on foot or by car. That's all.

ok. fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭doOh

snowing heavily again.

there is 13 cm of snow on the ground now- a bit more on the grass.

feck that ... no snow in Galway city at all ... just a little bit where sun didnt look ;/

• Advertisement

Is there any chance at all, even a little chance, that MT Cranium got it wrong this time, and that it might not be too bad for the entire country. I'm grasping at straws here because I think he's been spot on so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Jebus snow...will you ever come on and visit us here in Limerick...what have we ever done to make you desert us like this :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,529 ✭✭✭✭fits

Is there any chance at all, even a little chance, that MT Cranium got it wrong this time, and that it might not be too bad for the entire country. I'm grasping at straws here because I think he's been spot on so far?

Looks like theres a very good chance we'll escape. Keep an eye on things all the same. All could change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

11cm here now around the back of the house, probably closer to 15cm on grass. The whole town is at a standstill, cars getting stuck everywhere and there was an avalanche off a roof down in the town that could have been dangerous but luckily nobody got caught under it

Current conitions..snowing, the wind has died down completely so the showers are lasting well over half an hour each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Sheba891

Good 6 inches here.......class when you don't have to travel for now!!! Travel disruption causing chaos though

Harps wrote: »
    11cm here now around the back of the house, probably closer to 15cm on grass. The whole town is at a standstill, cars getting stuck everywhere and there was an avalanche off a roof down in the town that could have been dangerous but luckily nobody got caught under it

Current conitions..snowing, the wind has died down completely so the showers are lasting well over half an hour each

for me it's getting close to at least equalling the 2000 event if it continues for a few more hours. Bear in mind that i had 2-3 inches less than ye did up in Donegal that time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

kopfan77 wrote: »
    Jebus snow...will you ever come on and visit us here in Limerick...what have we ever done to make you desert us like this :confused:

to make light of the situation - in total jest my immediate mental reaction to your question was....
    "Angela's Ashes"
    And before you think it's a hate Limerick thing - tis not, I'm a native :D

In light of the weather here - it has gotten a bit cloudier here in Dublin, and I'm keeping in touch with the folks at home in Kilkenny as the commute back to KK for Christmas might be epic, if we get hit like we did two weeks ago!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

for me it's getting close to at least equalling the 2000 event if it continues for a few more hours. Bear in mind that i had 2-3 inches less than ye did up in Donegal that time

I lived on the west coast back then so we only got a few inches, this has probably outdone what we got that Christmas already.

Just started snowing heavy again now, this is becoming epic, showers are lasting 45 minutes with only 15 minutes break in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pansyflower

Where???

snowing very heavily again. whiteout conditions!!! this is just amazing :D. if i ever complain about not getting snow again, you have my permission to slap me silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

OK, no hard feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

kopfan77 wrote: »

Well you gave us the Rubberbandits :)

None at all, hard feelings and snow that is.

Heavy snow shower in Kanturk (cork) at the moment, and its sticking to roads :D Flakes are huuuuge!!!

Little bits of snow on the way to the city, but sleet falling afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

There's light snow and the minute. We had a few heavier showers earlier and that's on top of the 15 cms that fell last night. It looks a bit slushy underfoot but my phone says it -2c. The clouds are looking very heavy so I expect we're in for a bit more :)

And light snow just started falling in CIT in Bishopstown in Cork as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cabot

So whats wrong with staying at home for a while?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Lovely sunny, clear Winters day here in Waterford City. Temp is 2.2c but feels colder in a fresh NW wind @ 11km/h. We had a very light snow shower last night but nothing since then. Hopefully later we will see some action.

More Live Data and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Imagineer

Altreab wrote: »
    Well you gave us the Rubberbandits :)
    As a Limerick native myself and although "Ant-ny" from the Joe Duffy show on Wednesday may disagree, I think they are the greatest gift bestowed on Ireland by Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭S McC

Snowing steadily here in SW Sligo. Wind has dropped. +1 degree celsius. about 3 cm on the ground.

Advertisement