Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 themorrigan

Just popped out for a quick walk about over lunch - absolutely lovely crisp, sunny day in Dublin (city centre at least)
    I really don't want it to snow, I absolutely hate it - am I the only one who doesn't want a white christmas?

No definitely not just you - maybe it's a name thing :D 'cos I don't want to see a flake of snow between now and christmas.
    REallly hoping the forecast for Dublin is for sun and not snow but the clouds are moving in as I type. boo hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Imagineer wrote: »
    As a Limerick native myself and although "Ant-ny" from the Joe Duffy show on Wednesday may disagree, I think they are the greatest gift bestowed on Ireland by Limerick.

Well if Duffer dont like them then im going to buy lots of them :) As for the weather here in West Galway .....around 2C and just a hint of snow on the ground. 5 miles away its 3 inches of snow and freezing hard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Is anyone else getting graupel showers all day or is it just me?
    If it was snow there would have been a great depth here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nodnod

Ballykeeran and Killinure live webcam Westmeath, clock is wrong take away 2 hours , had snow and they are going to get more

http://www.waveline.ie/ger/webcam1.htm

http://www.waveline.ie/ger/webcam2.htm

http://www.waveline.ie/ger/webcam3.htm

to view live

see attached at 15:20

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

was reading MT's forecasts. can someone tell me is Carlow inland South east or just rest of leinster? thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

15cm of snow on the grass now. currently the sun is shining. -1 c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Palindrome

What are the chances of Snow in Dublin today???

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gravityisalie

it just started snowing in ennis :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Pangea wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting graupel showers all day or is it just me?
    If it was snow there would have been a great depth here.

Mixture here, most showers seems to start off as graupel but change to snow. Its been quite light here for the past few hours though so no major change in depth, still around 11cm, maybe up to 12 by now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

it just started snowing in ennis :D

I was just coming here to say the same thing...hopefully we get lots of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Whoo hoooo....nice heavy snow here now for the past hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭county man

There is some light snow falling right now. Dont think it will amount to much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Heavy snow in Athlone on and off sice lunchtime, lovely cover on ground:):):):):)

Still snowing
    Roads are dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Light snow showers reaching as far as West Laois. The heavy precipitation seems to be dying away beyond Roscommon/Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭doOh

Its snowing in Galway city .... finally ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

15cm of snow on the grass now. currently the sun is shining. -1 c.

Heavy snow in Galway city for the last hour. Not quite at your levels but it'll do me! Looks like that snow dance finally paid off for us :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Sheba891

Still snowing in Letterkenny..getting dark now and the sky still looks full of snow:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Blizzard conditions in Letterkenny for the past half an hour, first time its really been windy all day

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Fionagus wrote: »
    Heavy snow in Galway city for the last hour. Not quite at your levels but it'll do me! Looks like that snow dance finally paid off for us :D:D

Snow falling in Maam Cross area now :) Heavy and starting to stick. Roads will be lethal tonight :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

pegging it down for last hour in south leitrim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Harps wrote: »
    Mixture here, most showers seems to start off as graupel but change to snow. Its been quite light here for the past few hours though so no major change in depth, still around 11cm, maybe up to 12 by now
    It is strange, the showers chop and change from graupel to snow, predominatly graupel here all day ,although I have 3 inches now on the grass, 8 cm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

was reading MT's forecasts. can someone tell me is Carlow inland South east or just rest of leinster? thanks!

I would imagine it's inland South East.

Fionagus wrote: »

good stuff Fionagus:D Paddy1 has been very quiet lately. I hope he isn't snowed in :pac:

Getting very dark here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

mel.b wrote: »
    I was just coming here to say the same thing...hopefully we get lots of it!

Snow shower didn't last long here but there is a massive bank of black clouds out to the west so i've got my fingers crossed for more to come

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭doOh

. . . and no more snow in galway city ... come on whats wrong with weather on west coast ;((

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Dundalk's snowshield is holding steady all day. Not a drop.
    Down in Newry earlier...same there (but they seemed to have gotten a heavier fall overnight).
    TBH I don't wanna see snow until about 9 tonight ( have to drive out to a guy that lives on the ide of a mountain) so it's a cert that it'll all start coming down at about 6pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Snowing in Killybegs :D

snowing again :D

it's a whiteout now. my god if the showers activity could last several more hours i'll be close to getting a foot- that'll be the most snow i'll ever of had!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭JeanLucPicard

I'm sooo jealous here.

Can anyone tell me what the likelihood is of having snow here in Wexford.

We had such a good fix of it last time now and now I fear that I am addicted to it.
    I NEED MY SNOW FIX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Coming down again in Kanturk (Cork)

Advertisement