Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pansyflower

mel.b wrote: »
    Snow shower didn't last long here ...

Where??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Still going strong here, just under 15cm on the wheelie bin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Very heavy snowfall at the minute:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭aidhan

Nothing yet in Limerick city..maybe later :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

No snow left on the ground,cold and dry atm,(bantry)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Light sprinkling of the ol graupel here in D22..Im sure we will get some more showers later but looks like we will miss the epic falls we where hoping for..maybe Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Snowing in Blessington

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Harps wrote: »
    Still going strong here, just under 15cm on the wheelie bin

By the time this is over you guys could have 30-40 cm..epic
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

We probably have 7 inches of snow here and its still coming down, :P

17 December 2010 18:31:15

Temperature (°C):
    Current -0.4
    Trend (per hour) -0.2
    Average today 0.1
    Wind chill -0.4
    Heat Index -0.4
    Dew Point -1.5
    Rel Humidity 92%

Pressure (mb):
    Current 993.8
    Trend (per hour) -0.8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Where??????

Sorry - ennis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing like billyo here.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Still snowing mad in Kanturk in Cork.
    As soon as there's tracks made in the snow, they're covered over again, its coming down so fast. Cars are sliding backwards down the slope at the entrance to the estate

Snowing at a fair rate in Bandon as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,932 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

4 inches of snow in my back garden in Tuam...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

18cm on the grass now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

18cm on the grass now
    You have double what I have, I must say it looks very heavy here ,cant imagine what 18cms looks like!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

Temp 0.0 (does that mean we have no weather left lol) 990hPa, some really heavy snow showers over the last hour and a half. Estimate 10-12 cm on roof of wifes car that hasn't moved since yesterday afternoon, app. 4PM.
    Would take a measurement if it wasn't snowing that hard as I'm reporting this :D
    No point measuring now as it's piling on, yeah baby!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Snowing again in Galway City - only about 2cms lying but still ........ SNOW :D:D:D

Biglad wrote: »
    Temp 0.0 (does that mean we have no weather left lol) 990hPa, some really heavy snow showers over the last hour and a half. Estimate 10-12 cm on roof of wifes car that hasn't moved since yesterday afternoon, app. 4PM.
    Would take a measurement if it wasn't snowing that hard as I'm reporting this :D
    No point measuring now as it's piling on, yeah baby!!

Assuming you're near me I'm pretty sure its more than 10cm, 15-17cm here now widespread, guessing there must be 20cm in the grass!

Currently snowing very heavily, was getting worried for a while but it started up again nicely. As heavy as its been all day aside from that ridiculous stuff about an hour ago

Edit: Actually, its just as heavy as the ridiculous stuff, equalling the heaviest snow I've ever seen :D

We could have a foot of snow by morning if it keeps up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Dry, clear temp -0.7c DP -2.3c

Live Data and Cam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

very heavy snow again- the heaviest it's been since late afternoon.

will take another measurement after this shower finishes.

• Advertisement

Harps wrote: »
    Assuming you're near me I'm pretty sure its more than 10cm, 15-17cm here now widespread, guessing there must be 20cm in the grass!

Currently snowing very heavily, was getting worried for a while but it started up again nicely. As heavy as its been all day aside from that ridiculous stuff about an hour ago

Edit: Actually, its just as heavy as the ridiculous stuff, equalling the heaviest snow I've ever seen :D

We could have a foot of snow by morning if it keeps up

it's beyond my wildest snow dreams at this stage. i'm speechless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Nacho libre, looks like you are on the main line of the Greenland express.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Crapola

There looks like a light dusting of snow outside in the garden - I'm somewhat worried

it's beyond my wildest snow dreams at this stage. i'm speechless.

Same, I went to bed last night to barely one inch thinking yesterday was the main event. Woke up to three inches this morning which was a huge surprise but its just ridiculous at this stage, must be pushing 20cm by now. Ill take another measurement once it stops

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

8 inches lying on the back garden and it's still snowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

No snow to report here in Dingle town,Kerry. Occasional sleet shower with a strong breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭steevee

0degrees and starting to snow here in stamullen east meath:D:D:D

20 cm on the grass now.

19.5cm here now, snow's just after stopping but theres some seriously heavy looking stuff on the way already according to raintoday, theres just no end to it at the moment :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Sandyford calling

Cloudless sunny day followed by a clear starry night (again). Temp is -1C, very fresh NW breeze, ground frozen solid.

But the only snow is those wee piles left on the side of the road from the falls back in November and early December. :rolleyes:

Ooops! Spoke too soon; we have a dusting of tiny powdery flakes falling even though the sky is still clear and starry. Spooky.

Advertisement