Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭golfnuts

Snowing here in Duleek, a light covering & hopefully it stays that way:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Winds have picked up here now, quite stormy and with snow visibilty is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Winds have picked up here now, quite stormy and with snow visibilty is bad.

the wind is picking up here too.

very heavy snow again - it's been blowing about a bit now. damn. it's just crazy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭waterways

Please, where is here nacho libre?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Sandyford calling

Cloudless sunny day followed by a clear starry night (again). Temp is -1C, very fresh NW breeze, ground frozen solid.

But the only snow is those wee piles left on the side of the road from the falls back in November and early December. :rolleyes:

Ooops! Spoke too soon; we have a dusting of tiny powdery flakes falling even though the sky is still clear and starry. Spooky.

Me thinks that is what has hit Lucan...just looks like someone got a sieve of icing sugar to the paths in the garden

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

very light snow falling here in Ashbourne, and just had a report that there is also snow in Ratoath and out towards Skryne as well. So far not a significant fall, but I suppose we'd better share it out around the country, otherwise the NRA and Government will throw their toys out of the pram and start talking about decentralising it all:D

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ccoyle

Just back from trip to donegal town . Bus stopped there and had to go lift my auntie. Gap not the worst . Mc grorys bray seems to be salted and ploughed . Depths not as much as finn valley/ deele valley.

Measured snow in grass 26 cm :) mighty stuff

Must check the radar now for wots in store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Sheba891

I've never seen snow this deep in Letterkenny...it's amazing...8 inches of snow.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

This is just beyond belief, 5 hours of almost continuous torrential snow. What was the record from the last cold spell? I seem to remember someone mentioning 16 inches

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Harps wrote: »
    19.5cm here now, snow's just after stopping but theres some seriously heavy looking stuff on the way already according to raintoday, theres just no end to it at the moment :D

15cm outside my door here, would be 20cm in the fields.

Never seen anything like this here 2 weeks ago or end of last year/beginning of this year. Would be easily double what we got then, so I'm a happy camper, exceeded my expectations easily. :):D

Convoy, East Donegal.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

waterways wrote: »
    Please, where is here nacho libre?

sorry. east mayo.

so surely some places in Donegal will see a foot of snow by morning?? i fear it will die off here soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ccoyle

That radar is bliss. atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

so surely some places in Donegal will see a foot of snow by morning?? i fear it will die off here soon enough.

Theres a big band heading your way soon, seems like we've got the thickest part but theres really heavy snow in it. Another band forming behind it

If it carries on we should get a foot, must be 9 inches by now, probably 10 in the grass so another few hours and we'll have it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

Absolutely teeming snow here in Strokestown again its on and off since I made the 1.5 hour drive from longford to here !! It's really heavy then nothing then back heavier than ever amazing stuff must be close to 6 inches and 8 to 10 on the grass

Theres a big band heading your way soon, seems like we've got the thickest part but theres really heavy snow in it. Another band forming behind it

If it carries on we should get a foot, must be 9 inches by now, probably 10 in the grass so another few hours and we'll have it

wow!! after reading m.t's latest update you could get over a foot of snow at this rate. to think i'm getting a toned down version of what you're getting, and yet it's still fairly heavy.

5 inches here in parts of the Lawn! :D

Nacho I thought you were on par with Harps snowfall depth?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

Assuming you're near me I'm pretty sure its more than 10cm, 15-17cm here now widespread, guessing there must be 20cm in the grass!

Currently snowing very heavily, was getting worried for a while but it started up again nicely. As heavy as its been all day aside from that ridiculous stuff about an hour ago

Edit: Actually, its just as heavy as the ridiculous stuff, equalling the heaviest snow I've ever seen :D

We could have a foot of snow by morning if it keeps up

As I don't like being called a liar :D I just ventured out with my ruler (missus now convinced I am to sad for help) and took a measurement; 11cm

The first snow here was not really piling up that well and a lot blew away last night, we had to start all over again this morning, 11cm in one day, not bad for Milford.

Noticed myself this morning that Letterkenny had more snow lying already. Don't worry, me might catch up with you yet :D

Temp -0.9, 990hPa, light snow...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

I cleared the path at 16:00 , now there is 25mm of snow there.

Still light snow blowing around.

snowballs at dawn again :)

nope. he is getting more intense falls than i am. which is mindboggling because it's fairly heavy here at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,932 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

we cleared a huge pile of snow off the bench out the back today, was about 10 cm and now 5 hours later, it's nearly the same height again! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

You sure 2 inches of that ruler didn't penetrate the soil beneath :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Went for a walk earlier and there is nothing better than hearing the snow crunch underfoot.
    There is about 4 inches on the ground and its started snowing again.
    Fantastico! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

davehey79 wrote: »
    Absolutely teeming snow here in Strokestown again its on and off since I made the 1.5 hour drive from longford to here !! It's really heavy then nothing then back heavier than ever amazing stuff must be close to 6 inches and 8 to 10 on the grass

2hr drive the roads must be in bits ??

Biglad wrote: »
    You sure 2 inches of that ruler didn't penetrate the soil beneath :p
    No I cut off the first two inches of the ruler (it was too hard to get into the soil) :pac:

blizzard- like conditions now. very bad visibility. somebody wake me up please:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,163 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Very heavy Snow showers in Castlebar throughout the evening,poor vis in the showers,roads very bad too.A rather Gusty NW wind atm.0 Degrees.994.Very poor conditions indeed!!

23cm on the grass now :D

i'm never going to see as much snow again as this in Ireland in my lifetime. i don't think that's engaging in hyperbole.

-0.9 Here , Snowing again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

23cm on the grass now :D

i'm never going to see as much snow again as this in Ireland in my lifetime. i don't think that's engaging in hyperbole.

No, just smugness :pac:

Advertisement