Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

23cm on the grass now :D

i'm never going to see as much snow again as this in Ireland in my lifetime. i don't think that's engaging in hyperbole.

How much is there generally there now? Just wondering how much extra there is on the grass as I dont want to ruin the blanket by walking through it to measure the grass :pac:

Light snow in the past half an hour but its been an hour now since we've had heavy snow. Guessing theres 25cm now widespread, closer to 30cm in places where its drifted

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Harps wrote: »
    How much is there generally there now? Just wondering how much extra there is on the grass as I dont want to ruin the blanket by walking through it to measure the grass :pac:

Light snow in the past half an hour but its been an hour now since we've had heavy snow. Guessing theres 25cm now widespread, closer to 30cm in places where its drifted

there's about 8 inches generally. on the wheelie bin there is close to 10 inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

Do measurements taken in the grass count...are they accurate enough...:cool:

-0.8c, light snow, 989hPa

Biglad wrote: »
    Do measurements taken in the grass count...are they accurate enough...:cool:

-0.8c, light snow, 989hPa

yes of course they matter. you're not downgrading my snow:p

When's the last time you cut the grass...:D

Still snowing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

there's about 8 inches generally. on the wheelie bin there is close to 10 inches.
    Stop piling the snow on top of the bin :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

10 inches is 25cm so you're actually downgrading by measuring the grass if thats correct :p

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Snowing here and sticking, though the snow isn't very heavy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Heavy snow in Galway - almost whiteout conditions.

Just seen a star!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Pangea wrote: »

lol, take a picture of it, be gone soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Follow it :pac:

Snowing again here.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭YeGods

Very Heavy snow in Mallow. Cork to Mallow road is travelling les than 10 mph at the time of posting this. I've never seen that here before. Still plenty of snow falling.:eek:

Snow intensified again, been snowing now non stop since 5.30PM...

the clouds are well back on the horizon now. although looking at the radar there does seem to be more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Thin covering in Swords NCD, didn't see it happen, around 1-2cm tops, haven't been outnto look at it close up, but would call it graupel from here.

Still snowing quite heavy, can't believe it...:D

Temp -0.4c, 988hPa, little or no wind

-2.4 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

About 8 inches of snow, seems to be dying off a bit now

Current data for
    17 December 2010 23:11:11

Temperature (°C):
    Current -2.2
    Trend (per hour) -0.5
    Average today -0.1
    Wind chill -2.2
    Heat Index -2.2
    Dew Point -3.0
    Rel Humidity 94%

Pressure (mb):
    Current 991.9
    Trend (per hour) -0.3

25cm on the grass now. 21 cm in general.

• Advertisement

talkabout wrote: »
    About 8 inches of snow, seems to be dying off a bit now

won't be getting a foot of snow then. look like M.T was right about the pv activity weakening overnight. it still looks good for pangea and harps tomorrow.

won't be getting a foot of snow then. look like M.T was right about the pv activity weakening overnight. it still looks good for pangea and harps tomorrow.
    The bbc radar shows nothing for Donegal tomorrow , It has the west of Ireland covered tomorrow evening though I think.
    What should Harps and I expect tomorrow Nacho? not to forget Irish67, where is he?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭decies

Waterford snow news update::
    No snow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

decies wrote: »
    Waterford snow news update::
    No snow

Temp actually on the rise here, up to 0.8c now with a fresh breeze from the WNW 8km/h

Live Data and Webcam ( with no snow :( ) @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Inquitus wrote: »
    Thin covering in Swords NCD, didn't see it happen, around 1-2cm tops, haven't been outnto look at it close up, but would call it graupel from here.

I'd call it icing sugar..these showers aint bring squat to the East..need the wind to swing a bit..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,163 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Rte Radio 1 time for the latest forecast....

Dry, stars are out, temp dropping, -1c now, 987hPa

The bbc radar shows nothing for Donegal tomorrow , It has the west of Ireland covered tomorrow evening though I think.
    What should Harps and I expect tomorrow Nacho? not to forget Irish67, where is he?:)

expect nothing that way you can't be disappointed;)

there should be showers on the north and west coast tomorrow.
    hmm. the bbc precipitation chart was bang on about today. so maybe i will see some more tomorrow. this white stuff sure is very addictive(no i'm not talking about coke:p) you just want more:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Gorgeous here in Douglas. Five cm of the most perfect powder snow lying everywhere. Couldn't be happier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

Snowing again here (just outside ballina town co.mayo) I'd say there is good 9 inches out there if not more. :D

Advertisement