Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Dusting of snow in Carlow town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 THE BUL

graupel dusting the roads, cars making tracks in kildare area

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pangea wrote: »
    The bbc radar shows nothing for Donegal tomorrow , It has the west of Ireland covered tomorrow evening though I think.
    What should Harps and I expect tomorrow Nacho? not to forget Irish67, where is he?:)

The BBC NI news at 10.30 showed Mayo and Connemarra well covered, very liitle for Ulster, except coastal areas, Belfast and Down looks like they'll get more.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

In bed on my phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭cram1971

Where roughly are the fires of hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

cram1971 wrote: »
    Where roughly are the fires of hell

http://www.elfwood.com/~tar/From-the-Fires-of-Hell.3273361.html

clear skies. - 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭S McC

Been wondering where the fires of hell are located since last years freeze.
    So where are you? Nacho? Too much chilli in the mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭cram1971

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

You get much snow Irish?

K-9 wrote: »
    The BBC NI news at 10.30 showed Mayo and Connemarra well covered, very liitle for Ulster, except coastal areas, Belfast and Down looks like they'll get more.

Yes also MT mentioned heavy sea effect streamers for tomorrow so hopefully I might get some more snow out of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

The showers have largely died out here in the past few hours, a few light ones but nothing significant, still roughly 25cm on the ground. The wind seems to be turning more northerly now looking at raintoday and theres a really decent looking shower just north of here, not sure if it'll hit here but looks nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Sheba891

Radar suggests it might!!! Fingers crossed;)

Raintoday has stopped working but it seems to have hit, snowing again!

so it is...joy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Very little snow here in Shercock County Cavan. Maybe 1 or 2cm.
    I have been watching the radar with disgust these past days as the snowfall has petered out just before it got this far.
    So much for all the hype about a massive snow event for the whole country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

A very snowy day with a total of 7cm now with up to 12 -14cm in the worst areas of Sligo (Tubbercurry, Riverstown, Manorhamilton Road)

There is currently a dangerous looking clump of clound 500 miles to the North of Ireland and if this hits we could be up on a foot

Frosty now -2c

• Registered Users Posts: 14,517 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Good thing post 845 came in before post 846. :D

Nicely spotted :D

pauldry wrote: »
    A very snowy day with a total of 7cm now with up to 12 -14cm in the worst areas of Sligo (Tubbercurry, Riverstown, Manorhamilton Road)

There is currently a dangerous looking clump of clound 500 miles to the North of Ireland and if this hits we could be up on a foot

Frosty now -2c

Had a look at that cloud but it seems to be being pushed west by that cloud north of Scotland, might clip Mayo and Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

the wind has picked up here and it's snowing again. close to a foot of snow on the grass- the ruler was just about above the snow line.

the really excellent thing about all this is it won't be disappearing after a day or two. so we should all see fairly low nightime values in a couple of days

Same here, finally got around to measuring the grass, 28cm. 5cm short of a foot.

Not a hope I would have even dreamt of that this time last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Never seen so much snow here in the west, never. like you guys say over 20cm here.

In Letterkenny, Donegal,,, 11 inches in garden nearest house,, drifting much deeper nearer trees MT was so right....never seen so much snow in Donegal in my life..... excellent :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Had a low of -5.3 earlier is up to -3.6 now and snowing lightly after an hour of clear skies , have 9 inches in the front garden now, its so bright and beautiful out there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Not a centimetre of snow in Waterford which I'm grateful of. It can snow all it likes from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I think the snow isnt bad at all - its just morons that should have stayed at home. Some people cant drive in this weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Managed to get home for Christmas yesterday (hence the jet lag and 4am post!) so it can snow all it wants to now!! Although I thought I was leaving the snow behind for a while. We had about 9cm from Thursday night and Friday and some heavy snow showers fell tonight (North Galway), everything we had shoveled is well covered with at least another 5cm now though. Seems to have eased off in the past few hours, some nice glimpses of the stars when the showers clear.

Mc Love wrote: »
    I think the snow isnt bad at all - its just morons that should have stayed at home. Some people cant drive in this weather!
    Is driving the issue here on this forum??? if so i have issues !!!! if not ...keep to the forum....posts about the weather,,,keep ur road rants for the road forunms or the road & ice forums!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭puppydogeyes

Cold with a layer of snow. Now how to drive to work in this :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

The heaviest snowfall in Galway city since 2000. 3cms of lying snow, temp
    -2.9C. Roads and paths around the town are very dangerous so take care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭doOh

Fionagus wrote: »
    The heaviest snowfall in Galway city since 2000. 3cms of lying snow, temp
    -2.9C. Roads and paths around the town are very dangerous so take care

Dude i just came from Tuam and i couldnt get out from my work place :P and main roads are same ... n17 bad ... ;/ i love winter :P

Advertisement