Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bobby14

Biglad wrote: »
    Temp now -6.0c, more cloud cover, more snow?

Edit; eek, temp now just -2.5c, amazing climb, few little flakes coming down...
    how near letterkenny?? in lk and see nothing but the temp going up a little!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Met Eireanns 5 day temperture chart shows white for part of Northern Ireland for Tuesday morning which is -18 range :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Pangea wrote: »
    Met Eireanns 5 day temperture chart shows white for part of Northern Ireland for Tuesday morning which is -18 range :eek:

Wouldn't be surprised, sure -15.6 ºC was recorded in Castlederg at 22:00. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

bobby14 wrote: »
    how near letterkenny?? in lk and see nothing but the temp going up a little!!

Milford, temp now -2.3 and rising, just few flakes, dry again now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Risen to -3.9 here now.

edit: Just realised I have made over 2000 posts, probably 1800 of them in the weather section , now thats dedication :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Niall558

Risen to -3.9 here now.

edit: Just realised I have made over 2000 posts, probably 1800 of them in the weather section , now thats dedication :D

When it gets to 2010 don't post anymore til one minute after midnight :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Densefog2008

Risen to -3.9 here now.

you are now qualified enough to work for met eireann......:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Still 0c here - no snow though or very little frost

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭S McC

Anyone know what the chances are that we will get more snow in SW Sligo before midday today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

You might get some light showers but nothing of note I dont think

Its cleared up again here, clouds all gone so I'm guessing the temperature will drop again.

Just been outside and theres not a sound aside from a constant drip from the roof (guess that shows the roof has poor insulation) but some of the ice formations are amazing already, icicles over a foot long all along the gutter.

Hopefully they dont get too heavy and break before morning so I can get some pics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭S McC

There's an upside to having poor insulation in your attic. At least the snow wont pull tiles, gutters and fascias off!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Sandyford calling.....

It's a balmy -4C here, no records in sight; got some snow showers last night when it was -8C, very fluffy powdery but it managed about 2cm.

This is the second time this month it's been snowing and -8C at the same time, separated by over a fortnight! Surreal.

Wind starting to come in off the sea so I'd expect a rise over the next hour to near zero at the coast though the new snow cover should keep it lower for a while here (about 5km inland).
    :)

ps what did it bottom out at in Letterkenny/Donegal? Any records?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

you are now qualified enough to work for met eireann......:D:D:D

Well I'm not so sure why you are laughing at Met Eireann. I'm sitting in Clonmel surrounded by food and fuel for a locked in extended 3 week Christmas period because IWO and boards predicted "up to 30cm per day" of snow for the south east and inland south east counties starting Friday night. Since then there hasnt been a flake never mind a cm. Sure its cold but where's my blizzard? The more reserved Met Eireann forecasts might seem cautious to those blinded by their wish for snow but so far its 1-0 to them.

Anyone need some brussels sprouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

touts wrote: »
    Well I'm not so sure why you are laughing at Met Eireann. I'm sitting in Clonmel surrounded by food and fuel for a locked in extended 3 week Christmas period because IWO and boards predicted "up to 30cm per day" of snow for the south east and inland south east counties starting Friday night. Since then there hasnt been a flake never mind a cm. Sure its cold but where's my blizzard? The more reserved Met Eireann forecasts might seem cautious to those blinded by their wish for snow but so far its 1-0 to them.

i know how you feel i was telling everyone that we are in for another good shot of snow but now people think i am just gone snow mad

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Temp last night min was -3.7c but with the onset of cloud and an easterly breeze temps gradually rose overnight. Temp now is a surprising 0.0c with a light easterly at 5km/h. Weather is dry and mostly clear.

More Live Data and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

1 inch of snow fell here last night and temp fell to -5c. Currently the temp has risen to +2 and a stiff easterly wind blowing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

can any experts tell me if the south east will see any snow out of this current cold spell because i dont think we will

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Monasette

Galway City

No snow overnight - no frost onthe car either. Bitterly cold breeze, and it is very overcast.

Time for morning coffee on the Prom, methinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

touts wrote: »

Yes please.. Looks now as if not going to be able to get anywhere for the ice and snow.. West Cork out in the boonies..

download?mid=1%5f126926%5fALa97k0AAGC%2fTQyc%2fQ7%2fCEX0bb4&pid=1.2&fid=Inbox&inline=1
    The lane to town.. the large white area is the crosroads.. not sure when that car was abandoned, but the farmers are doing a great job hauling cars out of the ditch there.

Sky is so dark and heavy now... Needless to say we have cancelled the market we were booked at today; bad cold /flu anyways also..

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

smokin ace wrote: »
    i know how you feel i was telling everyone that we are in for another good shot of snow but now people think i am just gone snow mad

I also feel like a fool have stocked up and was warning people about being snowed in by blizzards and massive snowfall.

Met Eireann were bang on.

It feels less cold in Athlone this morning than previous days, and the snow is still fluffy and soft so not frozen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Current data for Ballybofey
    19 December 2010 09:43:17

Temperature (°C):
    Current -9.8 (low was -13.0 last night)
    Trend (per hour) +0.8
    Average today -10.8
    Wind chill -9.8
    Heat Index -9.8
    Dew Point -11.7
    Rel Humidity 86%

Pressure (mb):
    Current 998.8
    Trend (per hour) +0.5

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Mornings all, it's a cold but sunny start here in Wexford town, just a normal winter morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

snowing in little island (cork) and sticking to the tracks made on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Beth wrote: »
    snowing in little island (cork) and sticking to the tracks made on the road

With any luck it will come our way up along the coast.

Hope ye get loads:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 rbelmc

heavy sleet shower in crosshaven county cork

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Enjoy the snow lads - it's been a rollercoaster for the rest of us....
    Sure I have keyboard wrist from pressing the refresh button AND
    the carpet is worn out from me going to the window to check and see if there's any snow!!!
    Good to know I am not alone though - lots of other snowbies out there!
    Disappointed at lack of snow here :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Blue skies in Co. Wicklow, the layer of snow that fell overnight is already melting away.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

-2.7c, clear skies, lovely morning

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Grey skys,+1 deg,calm,ice and snow melting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 THE BUL

According to MT serious possibility of some snow, wonder if Kildare will get some?

Advertisement