Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Clouding over here now. -6.2C.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Met Eireann have a thermometer in Straidue not in Foxford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

-9.2 here now:eek::eek: freezing fog too.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Monasette

Minus 5.5 on my thermometer in Galway City centre and clear skies.

It was -9 in Headford an hour ago.

Road from Galway to Westport ok today except for a few miles outside Westport. I went via the Neale and Ballinrobe - drivable all the way and no issues. It was -12 in Ballinrobe at 6.30am this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Met Eireann have a thermometer in Straidue not in Foxford.
    Wheres Straidue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Pangea wrote: »
    Wheres Straidue?

Straide is between Foxford and Castlebar in Mayo.

I emailed Met Eireann last night about tempertures in the North maybe breaking the all time record low for Ireland.

Hello I was just wondering , Seeing as Castledergs weather station is reading excepitonally low tempertures tonight, if it does beat Sligos -19.1 , will Met Eireann recognise this as the coldest temeperture ever recorded in the island of Ireland?

Dear PANGEA :D
    Thank you for your query.

It appears we may have a min temp of -17.1 from Foxford, which has yet to be confirmed and which would be a record for December. We don’t know yet about Castlederg. Of course, that is not a Met Eireann station, so we have no control over its QA, etc. Therefore it would take some time before it could be fully accepted. But all that is hypothetical.

Regards

Brian Delaney

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Sandyford.......

That streamer is really steamin' :)

12cm now; temp -3C; piling down still.

(And I hear the Luas extension Sandyford - Cherrywood through here is shut down again - hopefully they won't take three days to clear it this time)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

-7.5ºC and dropping outside Omagh, County Tyrone. Clear skies.

Around 30cm of snow on the ground, and -18ºC recorded at Castlederg (near the Donegal border) last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

A clear, still night in Galway city. Temp -6.8C and falling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Got to -10.1c about 30 minutes ago, now rising slightly, but i notice thats from cloud cover now from the north!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Snowmageddon in Swords atm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Inquitus wrote: »
    Snowmageddon in Swords atm :)

Yep and I've to drive down to the pavilions to pick up a mother who will not listen to reason re: driving a RWD in the snow. I don't know if I'll get back. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Elessar wrote: »
    Yep and I've to drive down to the pavilions to pick up a mother who will not listen to reason re: driving a RWD in the snow. I don't know if I'll get back. :mad:
    Winter tyres. I drove my 3 series home and around the estuary no problems at all. easy really

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

Anybody else looking at raintoday at the moment, could be some more snow on the way fro us up here :D

Funny how most showers seem to be "detouring" Letterkenny though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I was just going to post that :rolleyes:

The first band broke up just before the town and now a conveniently placed gap has just opened up meaning we'll miss the second shower. There seems to be another forming behind but I dont see anything happening here tonight

Anything in Milford yet? Havent heard from Irish or pangea either, their part of the county seems to be getting something

Well raintoday has snow clouds over me for the past 2 hours but not a flake.
    Dry here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

Are those 3 streamers feeding in over Inishowen at the moment?streamers.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

-3c. cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

snowing in west dublin now!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

Just stopped snowing here in Falcarragh. Was going nicely for about 3/4 hr. Looking at the sky there could be more...

It looks like it could snow...nothing since that on/off flurry at around 4PM I think it was, only lasted for 10-15min. Temp steady at -4.8c since about 4PM as well. Will be a hit and miss situation. Looking at the radar it doesn't surprise me Falcarragh got some.

muckish wrote: »
    Are those 3 streamers feeding in over Inishowen at the moment?

I'd say yes, time for those winter tyres sir...

Had it up to here with the raintoday charts, Il let yas know if its actually snowing here ,dont pay heed to the precipation on raintoday, still dry as a bone here.

Had it up to here with the raintoday charts, Il let yas know if its actually snowing here ,dont pay heed to the precipation on raintoday, still dry as a bone here.

Looking at the charts it only nearly missed Letterkenny though. Sure you townies got your fair share already :D

My temp is rising very slightly...

Biglad wrote: »
    Looking at the charts it only nearly missed Letterkenny though. Sure you townies got your fair share already :D

My temp is rising very slightly...

Im a long way from letterkenny sir ;)

Raintoday has snow over me nontsop since 6pm, havent seen a flake fall yet. :cool:

Im a long way from letterkenny sir ;)

Raintoday has snow over me nontsop since 6pm, havent seen a flake fall yet. :cool:

Oohps, so you are, sorry about the mixup bud...how far to be exact, had a look at your site, scared the crap outta me ;)

Edit: Tir Chonaill Town?

Biglad wrote: »
    Oohps, so you are, sorry about the mixup bud...how far to be exact, had a look at your site, scared the crap outta me ;)
    not sure I get what you mean about the site lol
    75 km south west of LK to be exact lol

not sure I get what you mean about the site lol
    75 km south west of LK to be exact lol

Don't worry lol, fair idea now where you are hiding...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I think that may have something to do with the distance from the actual radar. It reads higher clouds / gets less chance to read near the ground. Especially the light shades of precip on raintoday don't usually materialise on the ground (in particular when they are supposed to be snow) so I reckon it's just detecting a bit of fog/cloud a few hundred feet up.

Only the darker shades represent real precip in my experience (and then usually less than you would think)

Advertisement