Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭S McC

It's like a mist that is snowing. The brightest stars are still just about visible. Very strange. The nearest that I can relate it to is, on some nights here we get fine misty rain but there are no clouds overhead. Usually in may or june and also september.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

just started to snow here in s.e. sligo ,-3.1c

Hi Mountainy man. That has to be the finest snow out there at the mo@!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Well turns out raintoday hasnt been lying afterall, just had a close look at the lamp post and noticed a few flakes falling, its literally one flake falling every 5 seconds its that light but theres definitely something there.

There seems to be some more intense showers off the north now, moving very slowly so they probably wont effect here but interesting none the less

S McC wrote: »
    Hi Mountainy man. That has to be the finest snow out there at the mo@!

not too small here 4-5mm flakes , dead calm and moon still visable through cloud , beautiful night:), still got 6inches on ground here, roads brutal:(

• Advertisement

My mother was brought up near the Wash in East Anglia. She would call this a sea fret. But that would be usually during the late spring and late Autumn.

Fog from the sea. driven inland overnight. It's falling as snow here right now.:)

when i was a bold kid my grandmother would say that i was three frets and a holy terror ! i never knew what a fret was till now:D not so bad!

Class. To see these events. Tomorrow at about 7 to 8 am there is an eclipse of the moon. Could turn these snow fields hereabouts rust red. I'm not an early bird. Someone with time and a camera could get some awesome photos then.

The snow from Friday night is still here and pockmarked with the late Hail shower. In each pock is a piece of hail from 1 to 2 cm in diameter. Bizarre!
    Around our place it looks like someone took a fit and shredded truck loads of polystyrene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

snowing here for last two hours non-stop.

Class!

Hey Mountainy Man. If this keeps up we'll have another inch by morning.!

Hey snowy man. I can see a few stars through the mist and it's still snowing!!!

Sorry meant Snow Ghost there!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Still snowing steadily here SMcC, no sign of the stars nor of anything as far as I can see all around me except for grey dark skys and more snow.

I don't know whether I'm more in awe of the snow I'm getting or the remarkable accuracy of MT's forecasts.

I'm also enjoying wtaching Met Eireann change their warnings and forecasts more times in 24 hours than I've ever seen before thngs are changing that fast.

Could this be M.T.'s moon effect storm? Could be. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Freezing fog has cleared in Limerick - but its left the place frozen - the trees look like you could snap them with ease

Mr Empty Cranium is a genius. He's spot on. I also love to see Met Eireann play the middle road and get called short. I have always said that if you want to see what the weather is like or going to be ... just stick your head out the door and have a good look around. The beauty of these fora is the wealth of knowledge that is given for free. MT is a gent... A crazy one at that, but I read his forecasts with respect!

Lets see what tomorrow may bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Clear skies here and -7.2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

-7 here and clear skies, temp has risen in the last hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭highdef

-11.1 and falling rapidly here. looks like a lot of snow for the east coast areas by morning!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Sorry folks - I dozed off on the sofa before a big blazing fire after a few hot toddies :D

No new snow here (though it's hard to tell) and it is the now customary -8C for early morning. Absolutely no wind.

Not looking good to see the moon in Earth's shadow later this morning - lot of cloud about. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Too cloudy for the eclipse Im afraid, it snowed lightly for hours last night, theres a good covering on the car this morning, just a cm or two.
    Totally and utterly disagree with you there Pangea The Euro forecast on RTE is great, get it? just great, an I won't have buck's like you saying anything to the contrary

Reported your post, you should be banned,

FOREVER!!
    lol
    The Euro Forecast should be banned forever. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

all the footmarks and marks in the weekends snow have all been covered! A nice bit fell, still snowing now. Lovely surprise, considering it wasnt forecast!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

No snow here overnight. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mollymawk

Just froze myself silly going straight from my warm bed to outside in a dressing gown looking for the elusive moon. It's so bright, everything has been covered in another layer of snow....

And YAY! There it is.....straight out the window from my kitchen table. Nothing like a lunar eclipse with your cuppa in the morning!!! Deadly!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Snowing in Wicklow Town for the last hour or so, just measured 5cms in the driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mollymawk

.....and back behind the clouds again. It was lovely to catch a glimpse. I'm happy now.
    Happy Solstice, everybody!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Temp -5.3c here in Waterford city. Its a clear morning so got to see the Lunar Eclipse which was wonderful. The bank of cloud to my east is showing up great on the webcam on www.waterfordcityweather.com . Hopefully some snow on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Cloudy in Galway city with some light snow flurries overnight. Temp -4.8C

Advertisement