Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Snowing heavily on top of already deep enough snow been snowing now for nearly 1 hour. Temp at -2 degrees and calm. If this keeps up won't be able to drive out today!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 munchie

Wicklow Town - still snowing here. Just after 7am this morning had some lovely snowfall and lighting, looked amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Clear sky here and -7c.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

fog rolling in. about 10mm of fresh snow.
    not as cold as yesterday,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Dublin Centre
    Heavy snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Absolutely freezing this morning -14.5 on the bog road from Edenderry to Rathangan at 8.30am. But it is beautiful out there in the morning sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Greystones @ 7:30 heavy snowfall and -3C so no Eclipse after all.

Dublin, Merrion St. now, just turned from a flurry to heavy fall of powder and temp is currently -5C

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

D14. Heavy fall last night. I cleared my car last night and it seemed to stop overnight, but is coming steadily down now and the car now has about an inch(2cms) on it in the last 2 hours. It's deeper overall than the last event. No graupel this time. Temp here -4 ATM.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Left Finglas this morning amidst a heavy downpour of huge fluffy snow, adding to the 2-3in that had fallen yesterday and over night.

It had been LASHING in Dublin CC (just stopped 5 mins ago), roads in the CC are quite bad despite being gritted - the grit seems to have frozen!

'tis beautiful out all the same :) just hope 1. Sky put up my dish this morning and 2. Tesco deliver my order!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Wexford. Beautiful clear, sunny morning for the eclipse. Now it's been pelting down snow for the last hour. It's just adding to the snow that's left over from November.

• Advertisement

paulaa wrote: »
    Wexford. Beautiful clear, sunny morning for the eclipse. Now it's been pelting down snow for the last hour. It's just adding to the snow that's left over from November.
    Don't suppose you got pix? I'd been looking forward to it for ages and we had clear skies all night up to about 6... :(

Don't suppose you got pix? I'd been looking forward to it for ages and we had clear skies all night up to about 6... :(

It was the same here during the night with temps of -4. i could do without this now as I got snowed in for 2 weeks after the snow in November. I'm listening to local radio atm and there's cars and trucks getting stuck around the county

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Hoofed it down for about 2 hours in Gorey, roads white out... God alone knows what it'll be like if it freezes tonight, can't take being stuck in this ****hole again!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Continuing to chuck it down here in D14. -3 no wind, snow coming straight down.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Very heavy big flakes in Swords, expect the Airport to close shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

Heavy Snow in Celbridge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

Temp o.6c, long time since I've seen temperatures above freezing...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

Snowing lightly here in Falcarragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Very dense freezing fog here, partly cloudy but the sun has no power at all with this fog. Very light drizzle as well

It was the same here during the night with temps of -4. i could do without this now as I got snowed in for 2 weeks after the snow in November. I'm listening to local radio atm and there's cars and trucks getting stuck around the county
    I meant of the eclipse! :D

Thanks for that though, love snowy scenery.

• Advertisement

It's stopped snowing for now in Wexford and it's bright with the sun trying to get through. More showers forecast for the rest of the day according to local radio :mad:

I meant of the eclipse! :D

Thanks for that though, love snowy scenery.

lol Sorry I misunderstood. I didn't get any of the eclipse as my camera wasn't charged at the time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

It's stopped snowing for now in Wexford and it's bright with the sun trying to get through. More showers forecast for the rest of the day according to local radio :mad:

Still snowing in Clonard.... huge flakes and there must be a good 6 inches on the ground at this stage. Was 4 inches about 2 hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

-6c. Dense fog.

Merrion Street: Sunny, -0.6C with a very light flurry of flakes coming from clouds I can't see! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

1.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

-1.2c, foggy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

2c Better go and look for the sun cream :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

-2 deg,snowing heavily atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Foggy. -1.7C

Advertisement