Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

It was -9 till Castlederg set a new record of -11C the other day! :)

ps, in Sandyford the temp has climbed to near 0C having been about -4C during daylight hours. Snow 18cm; stopped about an hour ago - cloudy and calm.

Luas is working again - that was quick; it is almost totally silent riding on a bed of snow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

flickarius wrote: »
    Ardee Co.Louth hasn't seen a flake since saturday evening yet just up the road in around Drogheda they're getting loads!

You got snow on Saturday. Lucky you. In Clonmel we havent had snow since the snap in early december and even then it was hardly a cm. Getting seriously jealous at this point. Paddy Power in Clonmel looks like being their only office in the country that wont be paying out on St Stephens day.

touts wrote: »
    You got snow on Saturday. Lucky you. In Clonmel we havent had snow since the snap in early december and even then it was hardly a cm. Getting seriously jealous at this point. Paddy Power in Clonmel looks like being their only office in the country that wont be paying out on St Stephens day.

Yep - there was a narrow but heavy streamer aimed straight at Drogheda for most of the day!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

It has clouded in a lot here in Waterford.. temp has risen slightly!
    Anyone know if we are due to get a shower?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Clear skies. -10.0C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

-5 in Castlebar atm,FOG,dense in places.1009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

NI Temperature Readings @ 2100

Aldergrove (Belfast Int. Airport): Fog, -11.3C
    Ballykelly (North Co. Derry): Medium Cloud, -8.5C
    Castlederg (West Co. Tyrone): Fog, -10.7C
    Glenanne (South Co. Armagh): No details, -7.3C
    St. Angelo (Enniskillen): Clear, -12.6C

Ballypatrick Forest near Ballycastle is too near the coast, not really worth following.

Went out to the car here in Fintona, Co. Tyrone at 2030, display read -14C with clear skies.

weather20dec-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Current data
    21 December 2010 21:49:03

Temperature (°C):
    Current -11.8
    Trend (per hour) -0.3
    Average today -6.9
    Wind chill -11.8
    Heat Index -11.8
    Dew Point -13.6
    Rel Humidity 86%

Pressure (mb):
    Current 1009.9
    Trend (per hour) +0.4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

-8c.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

I can't believe I am posting this but....we have rain here!!! After all the snow today, the rain is coming in on an easterly wind and the temp is currently +2 degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

I can't believe I am posting this but....we have rain here!!! After all the snow today, the rain is coming in on an easterly wind and the temp is currently +2 degrees.

No rain yet, but felt a really mild breeze just now (well relative when surrounded by 8 ins of snow)

Before seeing your post I was going to suggest could there be a thaw in the offing?

Have cleared a windscreen to monitor any future snow.. :o

-9.1c

P.S Killygordans missing from the NRA site temeperature readings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

It still shows up on their website, theres a load of sites missing from IWN for some reason

Currently -9.7C

Longford is the coldest one I can see, -13.7C so far

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

-8.6c

Sandyford...
    Sky cleared recently and temp dropped back to -2C instantly; easterly breeze picking up.

We had several inches of snow piled on the tiniest twigs of trees; now it is falling down in big powdery puffs! :)

Harps wrote: »
    It still shows up on their website, theres a load of sites missing from IWN for some reason

Currently -9.7C

Longford is the coldest one I can see, -13.7C so far
    Ah my mistake , I typed Killy in the crtl + f function, only one L in kilygordan :o :pac:

NI Temperature Readings @ 2200

Aldergrove (Belfast Int. Airport): Clear, -12.1C
    Ballykelly (North Co. Derry): No details, -8.9C
    Castlederg (West Co. Tyrone): Fog, -10.8C
    Glenanne (South Co. Armagh): No details, -8.0C
    St. Angelo (Enniskillen): Clear, -13.1C

Unless it comes in the wee hours, it looks like the forecast for temperatures of -20C tonight might not (officially) get down that far in the north.

Car thermometer here in Fintona, Co. Tyrone registered -16C at 10.20pm.

weather20dec-2.jpg

Pangea wrote: »
    Ah my mistake , I typed Killy in the crtl + f function, only one L in kilygordan :o :pac:

Well actually there is two L's in it as far as I know, think its the NRA that have the spelling wrong :rolleyes:

Hey! Should be some flurries in Clonmel about now!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

It's been fluctuating between -13.5ºC and -14.5ºC here for the past few hours just outside Omagh, County Tyrone. Currently -14.4ºC.

• Advertisement

NI Temperature Readings @ 2300

Aldergrove (Belfast Int. Airport): Mist, -12.9C
    Ballykelly (North Co. Derry): Low Level Cloud, -9.3C
    Castlederg (West Co. Tyrone): Fog, -11.1C
    Glenanne (South Co. Armagh): No details, -9.5C
    St. Angelo (Enniskillen): Medium Level Cloud, -11.8C

The introduction of cloud at St. Angelo has risen temperatures there, with Aldergrove registering as the coldest station for now (Ballypatrick is -2.0C with a clear sky) with Glenanne dropping 1.5 degrees in an hour.

It's a shame that Katesbridge doesn't have any "live" updates on the UK Met Office website.

Edit: Just checked the car thermometer, still -16C but freezing fog has now descended.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

-9.3c

NI Temperature Readings @ 0000

Aldergrove (Belfast Int. Airport): Mist, -13.6C
    Ballykelly (North Co. Derry): Low Level Cloud, -10.7C
    Castlederg (West Co. Tyrone): Fog, -11.4C
    Glenanne (South Co. Armagh): No details, -7.6C
    St. Angelo (Enniskillen): Clear, -12.3C

-8.5c

Quite a surreal level of brightness here now, the fog has totally cleared and with the full moon shining on the snow its amazingly bright for the shortest day of Winter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

-7c. Clear skies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

-8.8c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

My local record of -12.9c has gone from monday morning, currently -13.7c, still have 3 hrs for that to drop futher now the fog has lifted. Moon is so bright this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Currently -13.6c in Tuam. Low of -13.8c. Getting pretty serious now as temp has not risen above -6.0c for well over 48hrs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Currently -13.6c in Tuam. Low of -13.8c. Getting pretty serious now as temp has not risen above -6.0c for well over 48hrs.

Same here, imagine when the rain comes this weekend, it'll be like or even worse than this time last year when the rain froze to everything (We had ice on the road as high as the kerb). The ground is frozen way down at this time.

Advertisement