Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

-13.7c here as per usual!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Woohoo it's warmed up to -16.9 in kilkygordon. Gonna be a balmy day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

A bitter feeling -14.1c in Tuam at the moment with dense freezing fog. Turned on the streetlight out the back and the fog droplets sparkled like diamonds in the sunlight!! Magical.

Even colder at the Tuam NRA station at the moment:

tuam2.jpg

Edit: 8.23am, Continuing to fall:

tuam3.jpg

Come on the -16c! :D. Still on -14.1c here in town.

Edit: 8.39am. Falling still but only slowly:

tuam4.jpg

-14.2c here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

-9.5c, amazing pink horizon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Dense freezing fog in Galway City. Temp currently -9.8C with an amazing overnight low of -11C :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

-10.9c at 6.30 AM

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

New PB record last night of -16.7 at 5.12am :eek:

Current data for
    24 December 2010 10:20:50

Temperature (°C):
    Current -11.9
    Trend (per hour) +1.4
    Average today -15.4
    Wind chill -11.9
    Heat Index -11.9
    Dew Point -14.7
    Rel Humidity 79%

Pressure (mb):
    Current 1026.3
    Trend (per hour) +0.3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Ive been noticing around sunrise seems to be the coldest. The dampness in the air can really be felt when you breath. currently -13.2c here.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

Low for last night was... -11.5c, yippee, new PB :D, still -10.6c at the moment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

In Waterford City low last night of -5.5c now its -2.6c and clear. Beautiful frosty morning.

more Live Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 lorrscann

-9 in sutton... snow packed solid don't think i will chance driving - what do you think?? I am a nervous driver! Will have to walk to the shops ... help.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Sunny again,-5 deg,calm starting to get boring now.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ccoyle

got - 18 in van between raphoe and balindrait

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Overnight low of -11.3!
    -3.9 at the moment, had freezing fog all morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

A VERY MERRY XMAS TO YOU ALL

Minus 9.4c in Sligo last night. Our coldest night of the Winter. Not as exceptional as the inland minus 18s but pretty impressive for an Atlantic town nonetheless.

THE GULF STREAM DIED BACK IN NOVEMBER

Anyways enjoy the yuletide one and all and I think this mild spell on http://sat24.com is coming faster than people think and will be here Christmas night with sleet and rain;):):rolleyes::o

Cold and clear in Galway city in a light Northerly breeze. Temp hit a maximum of -4.2C this afternoon at 14.16PM. Now -5.1C and falling

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

got down to -13c last night. currently it's -3c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I'm finally back at home on the west coast for Christmas, nothing whatsoever like Letterkenny but even here where we hardly ever get snow theres a couple of inches.

I see Kilygordan broke the record for the record December low last night as well :cool:

Harps wrote: »
    I'm finally back at home on the west coast for Christmas, nothing whatsoever like Letterkenny but even here where we hardly ever get snow theres a couple of inches.

I see Kilygordan broke the record for the record December low last night as well :cool:
    Harps where do you live , Tory island is it? Glad to hear you made it home. :)

Lovely day here , freezing fog all the time, looks like the perfect Christmas eve.

Close but no, Arainn Mhor ;)

• Advertisement

Maybe you dont but I consider you one of the luckiest people in the world to live where you do. To live amongst such beauty....:D To me, somewhere like that is heaven.

Im going up to Donegal in January. Cant wait. Bringing some of my Mothers ashes home. Hope I get to the islands as well

Yeah obviously I take a lot of it for granted having grown up here but on a nice Summers day you just cant beat this place. Can be a bit depressing in the Winter but even now with the spectacular view across the sea and the snow covered mountains its pretty good. Better than having a view of the house on the other side of the street as I do in Letterkenny

And to keep things on topic, its quite a dull day here, cloudy and warm (relatively speaking) with some of the snow melting

-2c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Current weather conditions here in Thurles :

-2 celsius, clear with pockets of freezing fog starting to build on the roads off N8/M8.
    Clear sky, no breeze to speak of.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Current data
    24 December 2010 17:47:17

Temperature (°C):
    Current -6.1
    Trend (per hour) -2.7
    Average today -10.0
    Wind chill -6.1
    Heat Index -6.1
    Dew Point -7.6
    Rel Humidity 89%

Pressure (mb):
    Current 1027.1
    Trend (per hour) +0.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Severe cold all day with dense freezing fog and a max temp of just -9.2c. Already back down to -11.8c with fog more or less cleared.

Dense freezing fog in Galway City . Temp - 7.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I rarely post my weather here, but just to show how perfectly Christmas-like your weather is, here's mine:

heavy rain, strong winds, 11 deg C. :eek:

I almost lost the old golf umbrella coming back from my morning walk (not on a golf course, ain't that crazy) ... and it's looking like 13 deg here tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

-7.3 and falling here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Whatever the weather with you M.T.C, have a really enjoyable Christmas and Thanks for your most valuable work

Advertisement