Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Finally found a weather station in Letterkenny I can use, -10.7C now

Kilygordan top again tonight, -12.5C already

Here on the coast its a mild -4C

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Harps wrote: »
    I'm finally back at home on the west coast for Christmas, nothing whatsoever like Letterkenny but even here where we hardly ever get snow theres a couple of inches.

I see Kilygordan broke the record for the record December low last night as well :cool:

Was that the -18.1? Was thinking it was close.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Yeah it comfortably beat the record which was -17.2C in Foxford set at the start of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭N7777G

Some photos of the icy conditions encountered in Tallaght:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eigjb/tags/conditions/

Happy Christmas! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

-5.3c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

-3.9c still very foggy. Very scenic out there, nice and cold.

Finally found a weather station in Letterkenny I can use, -10.7C now

Kilygordan top again tonight, -12.5C already

Here on the coast its a mild -4C
    Harps what weather station did you find?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

-12c.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Sandyford.....

Clear cloudless sunny day - after a low of -10c the max in daylight hours was -5C.

About an hour ago a westerly breeze started (coming from the hills) and temp jumped to -2C.

Christmas card scenes for Christmas eve! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,133 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Went down to Lifford and back a bit earlier and took the thermometer with me and hung the little probe out of the window and it registered -13 not far from where the NRA weather station is outside of Killygordon. That was around 5 o'clock.

• Advertisement

According to ME was +3 in Malinhead and -13 in Claremorris at 21.00 hours, that's 16 degrees of a difference which sounds like a lot to me for such a relatively small country.

Temp here steady, -5.5c

muffler wrote: »
    Went down to Lifford and back a bit earlier and took the thermometer with me and hung the little probe out of the window

You did what!? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Clear night here, current temp is -10.2c, i'm expecting tonight to beat my stations record low of -14.4c, set 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,133 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Wild Bill wrote: »
    You did what!? :eek:
    :D

In this weather it's the new version of the "snip" ;)

:rolleyes:

Back to the weather...I'm wondering about this (now fresh) breeze that sprung up here. There is no pressure gradient, no isobars. So it must be something to do with very cold air over hills and warmer air over sea.

That could mean the air is rising off-shore and from "rain today" I see the streamers in the Irish Sea are coming pleasingly close to shore.

Could it...possibly..on Christmas Eve????

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

Whatever the weather with you M.T.C, have a really enjoyable Christmas and Thanks for your most valuable work

from meemeep too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

N7777G wrote: »
    Some photos of the icy conditions encountered in Tallaght:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eigjb/tags/conditions/

Happy Christmas! :D

Stunning photos. Didn't make it into city centre so particularly love your Christmas tree ones. Thanks for sharing.....crisp and clear snow photos.

Pangea wrote: »
    Harps what weather station did you find?

I actually found another one after I posted that, the LYIT one has a webcam as well which is handy. The second station recorded a new record low tonight I see.

http://weather.lyit.ie/weather/

http://www.letterkenny.com/weather/

I'm not sure how accurate they are but I'd assume theyre both proper weather stations. Obviously a huge improvement on using google anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I actually found another one after I posted that, the LYIT one has a webcam as well which is handy. The second station recorded a new record low tonight I see.

I'm not sure how accurate they are but I'd assume theyre both proper weather stations. Obviously a huge improvement on using google anyway

Maybe that is where Accuweather etc. get their temperatures?

Anyway, seeing as we are in Christmas Day, a Happy Christmas to all and take care with the snow and thawing in the next couple of days.

Fr. Ted is on More4! The lingerie section is on.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

-11c here.

A few too many whiskys have been imbibed so Merry Christmas and good night.

• Advertisement

Wow nice find harps, Im suprised at those , they look great.
    Dont be concerned about Letterkenny now though ,your away home now and forget about lyit :P :)

P.S Temperatures are suprisingly not as cold as usual here tonight , -2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

-11.2C in Galway City. Happy Christmas everyone :) !!

-17.2C in Kilygordan, 0.9 degrees off the record it set last night so potentially another record low tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Look at all those double figure minus values around the country. My PB low is about to go (Along with my water), -13.9c here currently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Temp -11.7C in Galway city with an overnight low of -12C recorded at 4.35AM

Happy Christmas Weather Watchers!

Calm, clear and -10C in festive Sandyford - the whitest of white Christmases with a foot of snow on the ground. :)

As there is nobody from Cavan posting here this from Met E at 0800:

BALLYHAISE(A) CALM SNOW SHOWER -15C
    :cool:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Calm.-2 deg,light high clouds.There is a lot of aircraft going overhead this morning,most heading northeast 4 in the last hour.

mp22 wrote: »
    Calm.-2 deg,light high clouds.There is a lot of aircraft going overhead this morning,most heading northeast 4 in the last hour.

Heading to Greenland to escape the cold!

• Advertisement

-9.0c at the mo, happy Xmas all, bigget temp difference according to ME is now 19 degrees C, +4c Valentia and -15c in Casement and Ballyhaise...

Advertisement