Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

4C in Galway city

Rapid thaw underway in Galway city. Raining and temp 4.1C in a light S'ly breeze

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Big change! Strong SE wind, +3C, grey overcast but dry. Not much thaw yet so it must have just arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

No thaw yet 2.9c. Windy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Anyone else notice the pristine white snow now has tiny black particles all over the surface? With no snow you'd never see them they're so small, but contrasted against the white they can be clearly seen. Is it dirt in the atmosphere?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Temp +7.0c, dry but very cloudy in Waterford City, Gusty wind at 22km/h from the south. Rain not too far away now.

More Live Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

4.3 degrees here. Thaw well underway (no snow, just frost). Have had a little rain from that band but nothing much as yet although looking at it it should be lashing.

North west Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Rain that fell earlier has frozen on the ground. Not looking forward to driving down to collect some water.

Temp is 3.0c Dewpoint is 1.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Raining heavy here in west Galway. The auld familar pitter patter on the windows is back :) 75% of snow gone here now. There was about 5 Inches here last night.

EDIT: Just been told the rain is freezing as soon as it hits the road. Driving conditions worse today than ever :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Light rain/sleet.....thaw underway

Current data
    26 December 2010 11:15:29

Temperature (°C):
    Current 2.3
    Trend (per hour) +0.2
    Average today -1.5
    Wind chill 2.3
    Heat Index 2.3
    Dew Point 0.0
    Rel Humidity 85%

Pressure (mb):
    Current 1017.2
    Trend (per hour) -0.7

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Well blusterly SouthSouthWesterlies arrived in Kinsale during the night. I'm glad to see a frost free car this morning.

No idea of wind speed but pots and chairs being blown around outside. Feels much more 'milder'.

Hope ye guys up the country get a reprive for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,133 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Good thaw around Ballybofey/Stranorlar.

First morning in over a week that I got up and seen the trees their natural colour without the frosting.

2.9c at the moment. No big thaw yet, just bits of snow dampened from the odd rain shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

5 c here,light drizzle, 3" frozen lying snow that was here last evening almost completley gone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Not much of a thaw happening in North Dublin. Swords is still covered. The rain hasn't reached us though.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

Galway city has rain. All the whiteness has melted away. How long before the ground pipes thaw out and water comes back? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Bahh ..it's manky in Sligo.

+2 degrees ,light rain, wind and grey skies. Snow is slowly melting and everything looks dirty now.

At this point I'd be happy with a really heavy downpour to just wash it all away. Surprisingly (so far) no sign of freezing rain even though the ground is still frozen hard just below the surface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

The white has mostly gone, I must say I had been loving it, the cold, the skidding, the open fire and worm wollie jumpers ~ just what winter should be .. ;)

Now: 7.3° and yes there is no minus symbol in front of that!
    1017.4hPa ↑ rapidly:
    Wind: 6.1kmh/'gust 17kmh [I'm sheltered a bit]
    Precipitation: None but damp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭M.Pool

+2.8 in Killygordon. The rain has just arrived, wind is picking up, no sign of snow and thawing quickly since this morning.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

2.0c, raining...:(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Heavy rain,5 deg,southerly wind 4-5

Wet and overcast in Galway City. Temp 5.4C in a light S'ly wind.
    1010.5 hPa - Falling

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Temp 6.9c, Wind 21km/h average and gusts over 40km/h from the south, Rainfall
    only 1mm so far today but getting heavier now.

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Wet and cloudy,low cloud on the hills etc etc in Castlebar with a gusty Southerly/SE wind.3 Degrees.1011.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Miserable :(

Current data
    26 December 2010 17:55:26

Temperature (°C):
    Current 3.1
    Trend (per hour) +0.2
    Average today 0.0
    Wind chill 3.1
    Heat Index 3.1
    Dew Point 1.9
    Rel Humidity 92%

Rainfall (mm):
    Current rate 0.0
    Last hour 0.9
    Total today 10.2

Pressure (mb):
    Current 1011.0
    Trend (per hour) -0.7

Horrible :(
    3.9c Rain makes me sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

2.5C, ligt rain at times, how depressing, made myself the promise that we would get some fresh snow before the new year, feel fine again after...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

*sigh*

5C in Lucan and it's raining.
    I was in the village earlier and the meltwater from some of the roofs is hitting the compacted snow and freezing into something resembling an ice rink.

I actually felt colder today than the previous week and a bit.
    I'd prefer -9C to +5C and rain. The damp weather seeps into your bones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

Heroditas wrote: »
    I actually felt colder today than the previous week and a bit.
    I'd prefer -9C to +5C and rain. The damp weather seeps into your bones.

Same here.

raining heavily now here , snowmen (2) are fading away 1 has fallen over,
    will put up some pics in the morning.

Advertisement