Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Freezing rain here last night which has encased everything that was clear of snow in a thick layer of ice. There was a bit of snow or hail as well as the path I cleared from the house is white again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Still very foggy in Limerick (Castletroy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnsturking

Is it supposed to snow tommorow because it might in longford but what do u guys think ?

Heavy snow/graupel in Letterkenny..didnt expect this?!

Edit: Changed to sleety rain now. Still, its a good sign for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

At 0c in two mile borris according to NRA and I'm not to far away, roads seem ok but thankfully everyone driving with care anyway which is nice to see, serious fog about too, crazy weather indeed but better than the rain!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

-2C now in Lucan - never rose above freezing at all today. It was foggy for much of the day but it cleared a couple of hours ago.

The roads are shockingly bad around here - I am dreading getting to work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

clear all day but just had a shower of rain, starting to freeze again..

Wont be venturing out tomorrow !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A clear cold day in Castlebar,no thaw.Just below freezing now.A shower(rain) just before it got dark has made road condidtions which were extremely dangerous before hand even worse.Never saw the roads as bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Sandyford update:

Beautiful day here. Clear, cloudless sunny all day; fairly calm; temp rose from
    -6C to 0C. No further thaw today; the countryside in the foothills looks like a Christmas card - a low sun sparkling off the layer of last night's frost covering the snow.

Outside the estates roads clear; all transport moving. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

snow tomorrow according to countryfile weather forecast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Fog developing in Galway city. Temp -2.3C

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Foggy. -1c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

A very white frost here, -2.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

-4.7 with clear sky

Aaaaaaagh!

milly4ever wrote: »
    snow tomorrow according to countryfile weather forecast!

Where?!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

-5.4c atm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

just noticing that strangely its 0c in knock but -7c in claremorris

its -2.1c in sligo town and -5.7c in collooney:confused:

Now i found this strange too and its not only the 2300 reports at Knock,its reading 0 there all evening.I left there(Knock)at 4pm and it was just 1 Degree.I suspect its around -3/4 up there atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

pauldry wrote: »
    just noticing that strangely its 0c in knock but -7c in claremorris

its -2.1c in sligo town and -5.7c in collooney:confused:

It took me two hours to drive from Sligo town to Ballina this evening, not a spoonful of grit on the road a disgrace

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Dense freezing fog in Galway city. Temp has risen slightly to -2.5C from an earlier low of -3.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

-6c. Foggy.

-1 now at Knock with Fog. Holding a cold -7 at Claremorris.

Foggy here also, -5.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

-3 here, krazy ice out there ,all the sleet and rain from earlier is just totally frozen.

-8 in Kilygordan, I actually think this is the hardest frost we've had all Winter so far. Its totally solid out there, now even the mounds of snow from clearing the path are rock solid, its about 8 inches deep yet I can stand on top of it without sinking at all

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

No idea of the exact temp, but it seems slightly warmer tonight than last night from where I am in Clontarf, Dublin.

Bit of fog, its been worse, can here fog horns constantly out at sea.

No thaw here today either, icicles on balcony growing since yesterday evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Where?!! :confused:

northern parts of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

It took me two hours to drive from Sligo town to Ballina this evening, not a spoonful of grit on the road a disgrace

Rumours around mayo here, they are running very low on salt/grit. Roads around here yesterday hadn't been touched. Im cancelling all work tommorrow. Van got stuck on saturday, had to be pulled by a tractor.

-7.4c here, Im not 100% sure about that kock station, the other day it was going nuts, 1 minute 6c, then 0c etc etc.

• Advertisement

-6.2c here now

Advertisement