Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Sandyford update

This morning I looked for the tenth straight day at 100% snow cover; still nearly a foot on undisturbed surfaces. The temp at 8am was -10C.

Another cloudless sunny day; max -1C; no thaw.

It is now clouding over, calm, temp -3C.

ps - can anyone remember what grass looks like?

Good point actually :D

Theres been 100% cover here as well since the night of the 26th of Nov.

Its been clear here all day since the snow stopped at 1pm. Seems to be some showers building now though up north, none have hit here yet but as the night goes on we'll probably have some fresh falls.

Currently, I'm not sure on the temp as IWN has both nearby stations offline, google has us at -3C

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Sandyford update

This morning I looked for the tenth straight day at 100% snow cover; still nearly a foot on undisturbed surfaces. The temp at 8am was -10C.

Another cloudless sunny day; max -1C; no thaw.

It is now clouding over, calm, temp -3C.

ps - can anyone remember what grass looks like?

IMG_3602-1.jpg

Not sure what happened there!

I thought I just added this photo of the Ballyogan Road at 9am this morning!

ps It has just started snowing again here :eek:

123balltv wrote: »
    its snowing buckets here in Tallaght
    I trust sky news :) they predicted this snow
    RTE go kiss my ass

Well, Met Eireann, have forecast since last night there'd be snow in Dublin this evening, to be fair.

And I like to be fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RTE had the forecast pretty much spot on today,TV3 gave an average of 0 to +2c tonight,it was minus 6 at 5.30pm here in Enniscorthy-the highest it got was 0 today.No snow in the south east yet,seriously cold though so anything that falls will be snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Cold,dry and clear in Castlebar.-1.1004. A nasty freezing Fog at Knock airport earlier this afternoon resulted in flights been diverted/cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

snowing in Carlow town, about an inch so far

Earlier this evening at Leopardstown Valley (Ballyogan Rd, Sandyford)

IMG_3622-1.jpg

The green line extension was out for 2 days after last Thursday's snow. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Currently -8.1 here in Ballybofey, very heavy snow earlier today. Probably about 5 inches of snow. The main roads are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

-3 anois. While frost and blackice out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

-2.2c with 10cm of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭S McC

-4 here in SW Sligo 1:39am about 3 miles south of the coast. got about 1/2 inch of snow off the tail of the band of rain/sleet at about 5 pm.

Back roads here are glazed over. rained all day until about 4:30pm then a bit of snow 1/2 inch. All frozen solid now at 1:42 am. All the rain here has frozen. Roads are going to be lethal again.

Methinks the country including England Scotland and Wales is so cold now that it will keep any warm air away for a while. Unless we get a storm from the SW!

Sandyford update

Still snowing, -1C, about 3 inches last night - much spadework undone! Everything moving, even the green line - we must be getting used to this.

Still dark and I hear the happy sound of neighbours out clearing their driveways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭shamco

zerks wrote: »
    RTE had the forecast pretty much spot on today,TV3 gave an average of 0 to +2c tonight,it was minus 6 at 5.30pm here in Enniscorthy-the highest it got was 0 today.No snow in the south east yet,seriously cold though so anything that falls will be snow.

After the 4.00pm news yesterday RTE predicted that there would be no snow in Dublin. What a joke!

The Met Eireann website clearly forecast snow for Dublin last night. I never watch RTE but don't they get their forecasts from Met Eireann too?

Do they change them? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Clear and icy in Galway city. Temp -3.3C

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I know they aren't the most scientific but the thermometer in my car was reading -13c this morning in the Lifford/Strabane area. All this on top of the 4 - 6" of snow we got yesterday. Mad stuff. :D

smashey wrote: »
    I know they aren't the most scientific but the thermometer in my car was reading -13c this morning in the Lifford/Strabane area. All this on top of the 4 - 6" of snow we got yesterday. Mad stuff. :D

I'd get out of that car quickly if I were you! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I'd get out of that car quickly if I were you! :D
    :D

I'm back in the heat and have a big mug of tae. All is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

I am convinced that we are building up to another weather system that will rival that of the 1947,49 winters when ireland had huge amounts of snow from December til March. every fifty years they normally say well its been sixty so bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Redsquigy

Absolutely bucketing rain here in Portrane, Co. Dublin for the last 1/2 hour- hope that doesnt freeze!!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

-14.5 in Lifford this morning at 8.45am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

Clear and cold. -10 this am ..
    Still Ice Covering the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

According to the Met Office, -13.8 ºC in Castlederg, County Tyrone at 09:00! :eek:

Easily the coldest morning yet here as well, I didnt think google was accurate at -14C right now but looking at the reports above and looking at IWN it actually seems right

I went outside to get some washing off the line and my hands were numb being outside for 2 minutes, the clothes are all frozen solid as well and even the back door I had to force open it was so built up with ice around it!

Harps wrote: »
    Easily the coldest morning yet here as well, I didnt think google was accurate at -14C right now but looking at the reports above and looking at IWN it actually seems right

I went outside to get some washing off the line and my hands were numb being outside for 2 minutes, the clothes are all frozen solid as well and even the back door I had to force open it was so built up with ice around it!
    Harps look what i have started :D Honestly Google is not accurate, It said -12 for me here ,and min i got last night was -4.3. By the looks of things I thought it was a lot colder. The White frost makes it look colder but it wasnt as cold as last week for me.
    Google gives the exact same tempertures for all the towns in my area and same humidty too so its obviously just guessing the temps lol.
    No doubt you probably got colder tempertures than me though.

Pangea wrote: »
    Harps look what i have started :D Honestly Google is not accurate, It said -12 for me here ,and min i got last night was -4.3. By the looks of things I thought it was a lot colder. The White frost makes it look colder but it wasnt as cold as last week for me.
    Google gives the exact same tempertures for all the towns in my area and same humidty too so its obviously just guessing the temps lol.
    No doubt you probably got colder tempertures than me though.

True enough, it does sound a bit ridiculous for this time of the day. Still it definitely feels like the coldest day yet

Also its snowing again!

• Advertisement

Really??? Has it given snow? Fair play! :D
    P.S. what was the coldest temperture at killygordan last night? -13 ?

Advertisement