Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah theres showers forecast from the north all day, theres a nice looking one on the way in an hour or so.

Not sure about Kilygordan, it was offline at IWN all night. Castlederg nearby still has -13.8C.

Edit: Just checked the NRA website and they still have Kilygordan at -11.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

-2 c. it would be nice to get a top up of snow before the milder spell. it doesn't look like it will happen though:(

Really really heavy snow here now :D

Massive flakes an much better than the stuff we had yesterday, its added almost as much depth in 5 minutes as the snow did yesterday in 3 hours. Crazy

Harps wrote: »
    Really really heavy snow here now :D

Massive flakes an much better than the stuff we had yesterday, its added almost as much depth in 5 minutes as the snow did yesterday in 3 hours. Crazy

how much did you have by the end of the fall yesterday?

We didnt have much yesterday really, it snowed constantly but it was tiny flakes so took ages to accumulate. I'd guess 2-3cm was all we got

This is easily the best stuff we've had since last Wednesday and if it last another while it'll be up there with Sunday. Currently about 5cm on freshly covered places, more on top of the old snow and it actually seems to be getting heavier as it goes along

• Advertisement

Harps wrote: »
    We didnt have much yesterday really, it snowed constantly but it was tiny flakes so took ages to accumulate. I'd guess 2-3cm was all we got

This is easily the best stuff we've had since last Wednesday and if it last another while it'll be up there with Sunday. Currently about 5cm on freshly covered places, more on top of the old snow and it actually seems to be getting heavier as it goes along

according to the forecast it could keep going on and off in the northwest till wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ccoyle

Heavy snow in convoy. big feathery flakes

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Sunny,3 deg,light north easterly wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cabinit

Down around North Tipp we still have loads of snow coming down up to a little while ago. Don't forget folks, to throw a few bits of bread ect, out for the birds, its a bit tough out there for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

-14C (feels like -22C)! Berrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrutal! Sun is out though. :)

edit: central Illinois, U.S.A :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Ruu wrote: »
    -14C (feels like -22C)! Berrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrutal! Sun is out though. :)

Some of the regular Boardsies know where you live .... :eek:;) ..... but to avoid confusion and questions, can you:

1. Add our location
    or
    2. State where your are in your posts

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Was -16 in leitrim at some point in the early hours this morning, North west I think has been getting the coldest temperatures in the country. My brother who lives in Dunblane, Scotland got a temperature reading last week of -18 and a few days before of -27.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

Just started to snow. 1st time in a week !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowed here earlier , no accumulations. Nice to see the stuff anyways :)
    Nacho -2 during the day is nice! :)
    Temp dropping here , -0.4 at the moment.

Electricity went on and off here, must be lightning out.

Freezing hard here.
    last snow frozen solid on top of the existing ice.

More showers here throughout the day, nothing like the heavy one this morning but adding more and more snow none the less. I made it down to 11cm with a ruler in a sheltered area in the back garden, not sure if I penetrated all the ice though so it could be even more. Generally about 5 or 6cm everywhere now though

At the moment, it was really foggy for about an hour but cleared again, broken cloud, -4C.

More snow on the way yet it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Snow here again in Waterford, nice big flakes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Was in (Dublin) City centre today - it actually rained for a time around 10am; turned back to snow later and fell lightly for several hours. Even in the city all grass, footpaths, roofs, traffic islands covered in snow - apparently they had another 3 inches last night. Temp was about +1C and very dark and cloudy all day.

Sandyford update

Cloudy with light snow/soft hail on and off; calm; temp 0C. About maybe 1cm added to cleared surfaces since I left this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Went for a walk earlier, f**king hell it was cold, -11c at 18:00! The snow gave with with that icy crunch crunch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

clear and -4 here . .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Clear here also and -6.9c, safe driving if you are out tonight and in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A mostly dry clear day in Castlebar,showers(wintery) this evening have once again left the roads in a very icy state.-1 atm,light N'LY.1014.

Snow flurry here at 20:30 lasted 15 mins..
    freezing hard,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Wild Bill wrote: »
    The Met Eireann website clearly forecast snow for Dublin last night. I never watch RTE but don't they get their forecasts from Met Eireann too?

Do they change them? :eek:

The TV3 weather forecasts are total works of fiction. They only discovered the concept of minus figures and used them once or twice recently. I don't think I ever saw them last January. :eek:

As for RTE - yes they get their forecasts from Met Eireann and they are presented on the main RTE-1 news by Met Eireann Meteorologists, who you would think would give the most accurate forecasts.

However I have recently found the UK Met Office forecast charts to be more accurate reflections of reality than anything Met Eireann puts up, which bugs me no end!:mad:
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/surface_pressure.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

At a record low here now for this year, -7.7c

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

You're better off reading tea leaves than watching TV3 weather,they spend more time reading out greetings and requests from viewers than giving proper forecasts.
    Ignore TV3, get on boards at least we get accurate forecasts here.

After a brief snow shower here, isnt it great when snow drops by casually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Tv3 Weather during the summer here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PFevb2hDBE

• Advertisement

-6c Clear Skies.

Advertisement