If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an LED TV

Options
  • 01-12-2010 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi

Am a great fan of RS having bought a good amount from you over the years much to the wifes discust both in England and since i moved to Dublin.

Am now looking for a good quality LED tv of about 40 - 42 inch preferably 100hz.

What kind of prices am i looking at and what arre the best makes.

Many thanks

RA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi RA.

There are lots of good brands out there and lots of various models but some of out most popular models at the moment are :

Philips 42PFL5405H - 100Hz 42" LCD that's full HD with UDB input, good picture and sound. Priced at £469.95.

Alternatively, the LG 42LD790 is a huge step up at £599.95 but you move to a 200Hz LCD which improves the motion handling, netcast internet access, DLNA support for streaming via a home network, improved contrast and is a really popular model for us.

On the other hand.....:).....you can spend more and go for a really sexy LED like the Philips 40PFL7605 at £899.95. This features the latest LED technology, ambilight (once you've owned one, you'll never go back), 100Hz with 2milli second response time for smooth motion, DLNA and net access but Philips do give you access to a lot more web access then the LG does and again loads more.

This is just a small snapshot of what we can get, so let me know what you think or if there are any specific features that you would like.

We also offer our 5 year at home warranty on all of these for 10% of the price.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭ra0044

hi

thanks for the reply. The Philips 40PFL7605 does look a great tv. Would prefer an LED as weight may be an issue with the bigger screen than we have at the moment on the wall.

Are you able to deliver these to Dublin

Regards

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ra0044 wrote: »
    hi

thanks for the reply. The Philips 40PFL7605 does look a great tv. Would prefer an LED as weight may be an issue with the bigger screen than we have at the moment on the wall.

Are you able to deliver these to Dublin

Regards

Ra,

apologies for the delay with our reply :o

I agree on the LED front - it's just amazing the quality jump from LCD to LED with the latest gen LED's - I have just bought one myself and I'm amazed!

We can of course deliver these in Dublin - I have PM'd you an extra special € Boardie price.

We have those in stock ready to ship!

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you & drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.