Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Censorship by Moderator - Outrageous

• 01-12-2010 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hello, I was maintaining a thread called Cork Protest 8th December, 5pm, Patrick's Bridge, Cork City, Against the Budget.

It was over on the cork city threads and was doing very healthily with decent debate. It had about 60 or so responses and about 1,750 views.

About 1 hour ago i received a msg from a moderator named Castie who told me I have been banned for slander.

Even though i have received some minor abuse from posters, i have never dished out even the slightest knowing full well it could lead to trouble.

I asked the moderator what was going on, to which he responded by removing the thread completely.

This is none other than political censorship on what are supposed to be free boards moderated by neutral moderators, or at least they can try to be neutral.

I am putting this thread up here because of the actions of moderator Castie, who is a rogue right wing moderator who tried his hand at censorship.

Now i will make it an issue and ask other moderators and people in general to comment on weather they think this is an appropriate state of affairs.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from Politics to Dispute Resolution.

CorkProtest, have a look at the flowchart at the top of the page to understand the procedure you should follow.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Just stumbled across this now.
    Here is a PM I received from this user after he was banned.
    castie wrote:
    Hi CorkProtest,

You have been banned from Cork City for the following duration:

21 Day(s)

for the following reason:

slander

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 21 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the allotted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.

Bans occur after a serious rules breach so please keep in mind that Moderators don't just decide to ban people out of the blue. If you wish to appeal this ban, please follow our Dispute Resolution Process here. Your first action should always be to PM the Moderator(s) of the forum to discuss the ban. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

All the best,
    boards.ie

Can u elaborate on why i was banned please? Other than being a right wing dick head moderator, there must have been a technical reason.

He was originally banned for
    You can thank the lord for electing an ex-terrorist to the dail last friday. Maybe he will repeat the process nationwide and give you snuggly zealots a run for your money.

Thread was then deleted as I noticed he/she had only posted in that thread and so only registered with boards to advertise this protest.

Advertisement