Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does the media be focusing too much on Dublin?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

to be honest.....
    If RTE cover stuff like the Dail or a visiting dignatary to Dublin, then grand.
    Its happening in dublin and nowhere else.

But ESPECIALLY, like clockwork, for stuff like leaving cert results you only ever see schools visited 1km from the RTE studios in South Dublin.
    If theres something about college fees, UCD students are featured, at a stretch Trinity and anywhere else in the country obviousy has a different college system or something

and you could go on and on.
    Nationwide topics with a D4 slant

Newstalk though.
    They are utterly nationwide, regular programming of their MAIN programmes from around the country,
    not like RTE which is just 99% generic national Dublin programming with niche documentary crap about crocheting grannys on a remote island or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

topper75 wrote: »
    The laziness and ignorance in Montrose and D'Olier Street is responsible for 95% of this unnecessary Dublin/Provinces animosity.

Last time I looked, Dublin was in the province of Leinster, so even that "Dublin & The Provinces" phrase is ridiculous.
    topper75 wrote: »
    I read the Examiner.
    Problem solved.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

It's shopping, theatres, transport, fine dining and other luxuries are unmatched.

In fairness, the man has a point, while a lot of the rest of the country still is rip of Ireland when it comes to dining and entertaining, the capital is offering amazing deals in top notch restaurants... The steep theatre tradition still goes on and the Luas and Dart offer excellent transport, not to mention the free galleries and museums.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Last time I looked, Dublin was in the province of Leinster, so even that "Dublin & The Provinces" phrase is ridiculous.

Not according to Met Eireann... It seems to be a very small fifth province.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Dublin = Engerland

Rest of Ireland = Ireland

So your still under English rule eeh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

But ESPECIALLY, like clockwork, for stuff like leaving cert results you only ever see schools visited 1km from the RTE studios in South Dublin.

To be fair do you really expect them to send a camera crew, reporters, vehicles and equipment to a school in a remote part of Donegal or Kerry (involving hours of travel time and possibly an overnight stay) for such a minor story ?

Hardly good use of licence payers money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Ive just been thinking right, we all pay our taxes to them people in RTE and yet despite this the media and news does be dominated by Dublincentric stuff. Everything from the news to the weather to the sitcoms is based around Dublin with not much else focused on the rest of the country. Theres times when you just have to say ah sure this kind of thing isnt on at all, and do something about it.

Do you think its time to protest about the Dublincentric orientation of the media like them people protesting about the IMF and public sector.

25% of the population live in Dublin and 70%+ of all taxes are generated there. All the media worth mentioning are based in Dublin. If you want attention focussed elsewhere then you're going to have to get your bogger fingers out and make yourselves worthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

flas wrote: »
    every single girl i know thinks the complete opposite, they think its a vile accent and say its a massive turn off!

Might explain why they are single.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I'm so f*cking sick of all these boggers giving out about Dublin. What do these inbred mucksavages know about civilisation, they can't even comprehend social nicities and that's why they hate Dublin, they're intimidated by it!!

I swear to f*ck they should build a huge wall around the M50 and stop the filthy rednecks setting foot on Dublin soil. And they can take their bog ball and filthy gombeen TD's with them too!!

I'm also sick of them being in AH, can they not just get some filthy bogger AH and stop annoying the rest of us?

Can someone give me one good reason why Dublin can't become a city state and the Vatican and then we can stop bailing out all the muck savages?

The only time I leave Dublin is in an airport and the only time a bogger should be in Dublin is to hand back the money we've been giving them for years!

• Advertisement

25% of the population live in Dublin and 70%+ of all taxes are generated there. All the media worth mentioning are based in Dublin. If you want attention focussed elsewhere then you're going to have to get your bogger fingers out and make yourselves worthy.

Yet again all I hear is

*kick in face from jackboot* KNEEEEEL BEFORE YOUR FAZZER CITY OVERLORDS VE ARRRE SUPERIOR!!!!!

Edit: Wow. Slashermac, I was kidding. You, just posted a threadkiller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

And they can take their bog ball and filthy gombeen TD's with them too!!

You mean like Haughey, Burke and Ahern.

Now someone remind me what constituencies each of them topped successive polls in again..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

biko wrote: »

Jackeens/culchies, this thread is about to be wrapped up soon.
    Get your piece of mind in before that happens.
    That's a wrap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement