Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Germany Season on BBC4

Options
  • 01-12-2010 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up for those who have the channel but don't know - its Deutschland season (how appropriate right now) on BBC4, some interesting stuff.

http://uk-tv-guide.com/list/BBC+4/1+December+2010/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Damn, living in Berlin I'd need a massive dish to get BBC4 on freesat. Funnily enough down in Munich a standard dish works! Bloody satellite footprint. If I ever buy a house here I'm getting a big fcuk off dish so I can watch english TV whenever I want...Germany is great and all but I will never really "get" the comedy etc. I have come to accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

For british tv install this player.
    filmon player
    Works for me for over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭alois

as part of this Germany season I was watching the english comedian Al Murray on there last wednesday (who was on a 'tour through germany'). i got the feeling most of the stuff had been all organised by the german dep of foreign affairs/culture. there were some really weird parts to it, it all seemed a bit strained too.
    one of the parts took place in one of germany's best wineries; thing is Murray seemed to have no taste for wine (and was given one of the oldest vintages they had!!). it all just looked a bit strange imho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

alois wrote: »
    as part of this Germany season I was watching the english comedian Al Murray on there last wednesday (who was on a 'tour through germany'). i got the feeling most of the stuff had been all organised by the german dep of foreign affairs/culture. there were some really weird parts to it, it all seemed a bit strained too.
    one of the parts took place in one of germany's best wineries; thing is Murray seemed to have no taste for wine (and was given one of the oldest vintages they had!!). it all just looked a bit strange imho

Saw that too, thought he was really humble and kept the jokes down to an absolute minimum. Maybe that's the direction the producers wanted to take it and Al just played along? Definitely a nice country. Was there years ago. Want to go back soon to get a better view.

Saw that Wanderlust hiking/walking one a couple of times. Beautiful countryside.

Advertisement