Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GMIT to Oranmore

Options
  • 01-12-2010 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

need to get to Oranmore from GMIT at about 4 pm, preferably by Bus and not taxi, anyone know offhand if there's one leaving from there around that time ? JustMary maybe??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There are timetables available on the bus eireann website.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lookinbusy

snubbleste wrote: »
    There are timetables available on the bus eireann website.

Thanks, I'm aware of that. Anyone know OFFHAND if there's one leaving from there around that time ?

biko wrote: »

Thanks BIKO, Bus no. 9 it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Savin

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Since when did the No9 start going to Oranmore? Or are there two No9s?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

No.9 doesn't go near oranmore

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yeah, biko mentioned bus 9a, not the regular 9 service.

9a must be what they are calling the normal Oranmore bus so. I can see people getting confused there. Especially as they leave from two different spots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

9a must be what they are calling the normal Oranmore bus so. I can see people getting confused there. Especially as they leave from two different spots.

Nope, not even close:

9a goes to the Galway Clinic.

418 is the Oranmore Shuttle, and sometimes gets a letter after (418b etc) if it's going on to Athenry etc.

The bottom of the Oranmore area map page has a summary of everything I know about buses there.

Only thing I'd add is that these buses pick up from the bus station and from the GMIT stop on Dublin Rd, not from any other city-bus stops (except maybe for the 418 and even then I'm not sure).

Thats what I thought. Dunno where Biko got the 9 from. The Oranmore bus stopped at the Huntsman for me one time I asked but he might just have been doing me a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

The Citylink (non-direct) runs hourly. It does pick-ups and drop-offs at both GMIT and Oranmore (opposite the Supervalu)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It says on the page http://www.galwaytransport.info/2009/07/city-bus-services.html
    9a College Rd, Dublin Rd, GMIT, Roscam, Galway Clinc, Oranmore so that seems to pass by GMIT en route to Oranmore?
    418 College Rd, Dublin Rd, GMIT, Coast Rd, Oranmore - almost same route.

lookinbusy, did you get there in the end?

lookinbusy, did you get there in the end?

Well, I was really asking for my better half, she works near GMIT
    and hadn't taken her car yesterday because of the icy roads. She'd planned to get that 9a bus you'd talked about, but got turned off the idea of waiting in the cold. Ended up calling Orancabs (..isn't well for some) and got a lift home with a quick stop at my sons montesori for €12 not bad for a once off I suppose.
    Thanks for all the info though folks and I have bookmarked all those links now for future ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It says on the page http://www.galwaytransport.info/2009/07/city-bus-services.html
    9a College Rd, Dublin Rd, GMIT, Roscam, Galway Clinc, Oranmore so that seems to pass by GMIT en route to Oranmore?
    418 College Rd, Dublin Rd, GMIT, Coast Rd, Oranmore - almost same route.

ta, I'll fix that, it's obviously confusing.

9a's a bit of a funny one. It's almost like every single bus does something different, and a few of them go to the clinic and then on to Oranmore, others come back via the same route, others via Rosshill.

Advertisement