Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC v Magnet Broadband ??

• 01-12-2010 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,
    Can someone advise me on UPC broadband package v Magnet?

I'm currently with magnet, but been having problems lately with internet dropping out on a daily basis. So thinking of switching - upc recently upgraded the area.

Pros and Cons of UPC?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Can I help you with your current problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nsainty7

Can I help you with your current problem?

Yes please. Internet regularly drops out on wireless. Spoke to customer services yesterday - they were helpful and made couple of suggestions.

But I'm now wondering if its my router. Using a Belkin. What is best router to use with Magnet? Someone suggested Netgear?

Thanks

nsainty7 wrote: »
    Yes please. Internet regularly drops out on wireless. Spoke to customer services yesterday - they were helpful and made couple of suggestions.

But I'm now wondering if its my router. Using a Belkin. What is best router to use with Magnet? Someone suggested Netgear?

Thanks

Can you PM me your details and I can look into the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nsainty7

Can you PM me your details and I can look into the issue.

Will do. What details do you need? Account number?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

Im with upc and would not recomend them to anyone..
    Over wifi in the same room as the router youtube freezes before it loads even though the speed test says 18-19 meg..
    the only one good thing would be getting amazing speeds on torrents, But as for browsing and stuff no way.... if theres anyone that thinks different let me know how your setup is.. Oh and ive never tried MAGNET

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Anything over Wifi is subject to interference and range issues. No ISP has any control over this, and blaming the ISP is stupid and wrong. A poor quality router could contribute to these problems, or be completely blameless. It can be difficult to determine the cause, but a program like InSSIDer can help to identify possible interferers. Changing the Wireless channel may also help.

Do all testing with a wired connection. If it works there, then there's nothing the ISP can do for you. If it has the same problems when wired, then the ISP has the responsibility, but depending on the issue, may still not be able to resolve it.

nsainty7 wrote: »
    Will do. What details do you need? Account number?

Name and address will do if you dont have the account number.

Advertisement