Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Segundo Ciudad Clasico: Birmingham City - Aston Villa

• 01-12-2010 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭

League Cup Q/F, 7.45 KO, SS1.

It's gonna be ugly, violent, no holds barred and with potential for casualties, and that's just between the supporters outside the ground and in B'ham city centre. There's a reason why the West Midlands Police insist on all league fixtures between these teams kick off in the early afternoon.

Anyway, on the pitch it'll be tight i reckon. Brum play ugly and will be full of confidence i say. The balance of probability, combined with Villa's lengthy injury list, inexperienced kids and GHs odd team selections suggests that tonight will be a Blues win.

However i fancy Villa to win, even the kids will have too much for SHAs one dimensional game.

1-2 to the Villa and 30 arrests in and around the ground on the night.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Even thought it's the league cup I thought this game would be moved to midday.
    It's gonna get very messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

With Gabby back B'ham know what's coming their way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r5_sD_w13c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWvOpv3TSWo

Surely GH will realise this isn't a game to be plonking a 37 year old in the starting line up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

The damn snow better not cause a postponement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

JPA wrote: »
    Even thought it's the league cup I thought this game would be moved to midday.
    It's gonna get very messy.

With a bit of luck the cold weather will deter the more fair-weathered hooligan scumbag and the game will go off without too many hitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Neil3030 wrote: »
    With a bit of luck the cold weather will deter the more fair-weathered hooligan scumbag and the game will go off without too many hitches.

Or maybe all the decent folk will stay at home and the thick skinned and often topless Hooligans will be the only ones to show :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Or maybe all the decent folk will stay at home and the thick skinned and often topless Hooligans will be the only ones to show :eek:

Good. In which case - napalm the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

I fancy the Zulu's to be top dogs tonight.

Villa: Friedel; L Young, Collins, Dunne, Warnock, Bannan, Hogg, Clark, Downing, A Young, Agbonlahor.

Subs: Guzan, Pires, Cuellar, Lichaj, Delfouneso, Carew, Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Villa: Friedel; L Young, Collins, Dunne, Warnock, Bannan, Hogg, Clark, Downing, A Young, Agbonlahor.

Subs: Guzan, Pires, Cuellar, Lichaj, Delfouneso, Carew, Ireland.

I thought Ireland had pulled out due to a bug? Or is it a case of the Villa injury list being large enough it's affecting the selection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Birmingham City:
    Foster, Carr, Dann, Johnson, Bowyer, Larsson, Fahey, Ferguson, Redmond, Jerome, Zigic.

That is only three defenders, so unless Larsson is going to RB and Carr to LB I am seriously worried with playing only three at the back. Good to see Redmond play, a very exciting talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Birmingham City:
    Foster, Carr, Dann, Johnson, Bowyer, Larsson, Fahey, Ferguson, Redmond, Jerome, Zigic.

That is only three defenders, so unless Larsson is going to RB and Carr to LB I am seriously worried with playing only three at the back. Good to see Redmond play, a very exciting talent.

Proper lineup is

Foster, Carr, Dann, Johnson, Ridgwell, Larsson, Bowyer, Ferguson, Fahey, Zigic, Jerome

BBC had made a mistake

Yeah i s'pose Ireland is making up the numbers, though would have thought Herd would be on the bench seeing as he's fit.

What you reckon kiwi knock, you think your boys will finally be able get that monkey off their backs and finally beat Villa tonight?

matrim wrote: »
    Proper lineup is

Foster, Carr, Dann, Johnson, Ridgwell, Larsson, Bowyer, Ferguson, Fahey, Zigic, Jerome

BBC had made a mistake

Thank God, had images of Fahey at RB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

karma_ wrote: »
    I thought Ireland had pulled out due to a bug? Or is it a case of the Villa injury list being large enough it's affecting the selection?

He must have watched the Lineker video

What you reckon kiwi knock, you think your boys will finally be able get that monkey off their backs and finally beat Villa tonight?
    Feeling quite pessimistic especially with Gabby playing, we might sneak a win but I expect Villa to win 2-1.
    Hope it is a great match to make up for the recent drab affairs, should be a cracking atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Any links/streams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Brum are ahead peno - caused by Richard Dunne I think I heard

Get in there Seb, definite penalty. Great finish, especially at the Villa fans end

****s sake, what you doing Dunner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Not surprised at all that it was Dunne to give away the penalty. But it was a terrible header by Collins in the first place.

• Advertisement

G'wan Gabby! 1-1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

1-1 good old Gabby loves scoring against Brum.

Lucky with offsides but meh cmon Villa!

Ah Jerome, should be 3-0 not 1-1

Phew Villa rode their luck at times during the half.

Don't think Bannan is working out on the right and the defence, well they're being consistent as they have been this season:rolleyes:.

Stream for ya 'ere Esse if you haven't got one already, requires a plugin.

http://www.atdhe.net/29679/watch-birmingham-city-vs-aston-villa

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

considering the few chances Birmingham have had including the ruled out Zigic effort and how they took the lead early on as a Villa fan im relativley happy that we are going in at 1-1. What I would give for an imposing CM right now though as despite Hogg, Clark & Bannon doing alright we have created very little and need someone to grab this game by the scruff of the neck.

Dunne has looked poor again tonight and hasnt been up to last seasons standard in general really this year but i do feel he may be carrying a knock for a while now and it cant be good having such inexperience in midfield ahead of him. The penalty was sloppy though but tbh Birmingham had enough chances to score without it and Villa need to improve in the 2nd half if they want to progress here.

It will be interesting to see if Gabby can last the game here as Villa are much more a cohesive unit with him leading the line imo and if he can last the full game 442 could be an option later with Carew coming on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

This season we're seeing exactly why Man City let Dunne go, his concentration is awful. Collins aint much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

is this game played to a finish tonight? extra time and pens?

Yeah has to finish tonight, Villa looking the most likely

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Yeah has to finish tonight, Villa looking the most likely

u jinx :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Fupp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Damn! Looping deflection off Young :(

Oh good man Zigic, was just about to write how useless he had been in the 2nd half and we need Super Kev on. Proved me wrong, hope we can hang on.

C'mon Pires we need a hero!

shoutman wrote: »
    C'mon Pires we need a hero!

isn't he 78 now?

We are such a poor side this year! Shocking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Villa should have won that.

Birmigham really showing the caliber of their fans now, straight over to taunt the away supporters.

Yes great victory, now to avoid Arsenal and hopefully make our way to the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

.......and Villa's season goes from bad to worse. Roll on the hammering at Anfield on Monday :rolleyes:

GED out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

BERBA wrote: »
    GED out?

Please do.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Please do.

your on some roll flah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bit of a row on the pitch apparently!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Terrible terrible scenes after the game. Bad carry on.

**** sake Villa, whats that 1 win in 10? utter bollocks.

SHAs fans living up to their fine reputation yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

We're getting a fine for this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Thats all FIFA needed no world cup for England now after those scenes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It's ok, they're sending Williamson and Barton to sort it out. Two man army.

Have not seen any of the after game scenes but if what I am reading is right then we deserve to get a fine, disgraceful behaviour by our fans. Our team go out and play excellently and this is how the fans thank them. None of them should be allowed near a football stadium again. A disgrace to Birmingham City FC and to football fans everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Ricardo Teixeira started the trouble.

• Advertisement
Advertisement