Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Segundo Ciudad Clasico: Birmingham City - Aston Villa

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Even though Russia have the tournament in the bag and there are riots in the Russian Premier League most weeks, Birmingham will get the blame for them not getting the World Cup :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Get to face West Ham next round, good to get one over on Gold and Sullivan. Have that to look forward to as well as a massive fine because as Pauleta said Birmingham will become the scapegoat for England not getting the WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pauleta wrote: »
    Even though Russia have the tournament in the bag and there are riots in the Russian Premier League most weeks, Birmingham will get the blame for them not getting the World Cup :pac:

They'll be the obvious scapegoats. Surprised Sky didn't blank out the cameras and just spray paint over the screen, "Nothing to see here folks"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Chaos, as was completely predictable, ensues.
    Ridiculous that this game was played in the evening.
    Probably he most hateful derby in England, this always happens to some extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Get to face West Ham next round, good to get one over on Gold and Sullivan. Have that to look forward to as well as a massive fine because as Pauleta said Birmingham will become the scapegoat for England not getting the WC.

That will be another family friendly tie. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

JPA wrote: »

I wonder what the 'fans' are most happy about - being in the semi's or playing West Ham?:P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The Met will be pleased :)

Upton park not being the easiest of surrounding areas to control access to..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Chaos, as was completely predictable, ensues.
    Ridiculous that this game was played in the evening.

usually not to that extent within the ground though.

From my experience of attending several of these fixtures I've not seen anything quite that bad inside the stadium. The atmosphere has certainly been hostile and there have been incidents outside the ground alright but its unusual to see it inside the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

dfx- wrote: »
    The Met will be pleased :)

Upton park not being the easiest of surrounding areas to control access to..

The blues supportrs will be frog marched from upton park tube by the met. They cant really have it any other way

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I wouldn't doubt they'll be prepared after Millwall last season. But how you get them to Upton Park tube station in one bunch to frogmarch them..

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

If flare throwing was in the Olympics, the Birmingham (Villa aswell) fans would get gold. Did you see how far they can throw them? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I blame shamrock rovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

doncarlos wrote: »
    I blame shamrock rovers
    And rightly so!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Why is it the most hateful? Is it not the same as any 2 other teams based in the same city, or is there more prejudice in the background?

Seems ridiculous to me.

Advertisement