Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some help Ps3 help please

• 01-12-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    If this needs to be taken down thats fine but this isnt an ad or anything just asking for help.
    I have a 250gb ps3 slim that i have modded and im looking to sell it but i dont know where to go about it i can sell the jailbreak with it but again i dont know where to go or what to do

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

to un-mod your PS3 - turn it off, take out the USB dongle, turn it on - done ;)

The PS3 exploit is run only at the moment of booting so to speak. It does not mod your console permanently.

Just reformat your HDD, sell the dongle separately and you can list it on ebay or adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Oh right but will the console stay 3.41

it will stay 3.41 as long as someone will update it. If you want to sell it don't update it, it is legal to have your console on any genuine firmware that you want and you can get better price ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Dont forget to format dongle as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

i dont understand about the dongle its a ps3 speed i get the updates from the site

• Advertisement

just sell the dongle separately to mate or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If the lads here recommend the PS3speed, and the price is right, I could take it off your hands - I've got nothing at the minute :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If the lads here recommend the PS3speed, and the price is right, I could take it off your hands - I've got nothing at the minute :P

The open source devices are the best, in that you won't have to wait for a specific brand hex file in order to use it. If it's brand based, you will obviously have to wait for the team behind it to introduce new features etc that are usually developed by open source dev's (PSGrade excluded). As to whether the PS3speed is open source based or not I've no idea, I've a feeling it's brand based though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Yeah, I was hoping it was open source as I'd like to try some experimental payloads from github and that :)

its atmega 162 based so should be possible to flash it with psfreedom or psgroove no probs

• Advertisement
Advertisement