Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT jobs in Australia?

Options
  • 01-12-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Originally posted as a response to this thread:

Well folks, two years on from this was originally posted...how are things looking out there now?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

wellsir wrote: »
    Well folks, two years on from this was originally posted...how are things looking out there now?

Please don't resurrect an ancient thread just because it has some slight overlap with the question you want to ask - none of us want to be wading through three pages of mostly-irrelevant old conversations just to find out what you're asking.

If you've got a question to ask about the current state of play for emigration purposes, provide some detail as to your academic/professional background and your intended destination. That'll get you much more focused and useful answers than a generalised "I hear $COUNTRY_NAME is great, the streets are paved with gold and any old fool can make millions over there" answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭wellsir

I found something that was interesting to me this morning.....I have MCITP and am wondering what job prospects are currently like in Australia...thats all.....I'm no different that the original poster.

Do you have to be so condescending?
    Is that how one becomes a moderator, by giving out to people, particularly people that are new to the boards.ie family?
    not a family i think I'll stick with....so MODERATE that...mr big Fysh...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I clicked into the thread you'd posted in to be greeted by three pages of conversation about another poster dating back to 2008. It's highly unlikely that the advice given then is going to be still relevant today, given the changes that have happened in the global economy.

In the absence of any specifics from you in your original post, nobody reading the thread would know whether you had the same qualifications as the OP. I wasn't trying to be condescending, I was trying to point out that if you've got a question about emigration and are looking for more information and advice from other posters, there are certain things that will put people off - and reading through several pages of years-old threads to get to the current content is one of those things. Don't let that stop you from having a whinge or trying to make a scene about how you're never coming back, though.

by posing the question in the way I did, i was looking to find out how things had changed in that two years....in view of the downturn...maybe I should have pointed this out in case anyone wasn't aware....i suppose

Also, When one clicks into a thread, is it not the case they have to read back a page or two or god forbid three just to see whats going on??
    Is several pages, 3?

I found something i was interested in, posted and hoped I would get something from the people who originally posted.
    Apologies to anyone who spent their whole day yesterday reading through 3 FULL pages...espeially to you Mr Fysh

You sir were out of order...maybe the moderator tag has gone to you head.

Wellsir, as you can see I have kept a link to the original thread in your post at the top of this thread. Anyone who wants to get the context of your question can do so easily, but anyone who wants to just see your question about the prospects for an MCITP at present in Australia can now do so and quickly give you any advice that might be helpful.

I understand that you're new to boards.ie and may not yet be familiar with how things operate here, but it's generally considered poor form to drag up a years-old thread instead of starting a new thread and linking to past discussions. For someone new to the site you've made an awful lot of assumptions about me as an individual and the overall moderation process on the site; I'd suggest taking a bit of time to look around and get an idea of how things run (including the variations in local conventions and accepted conduct). I certainly remember that it took me a while to get used to the relatively-regimented nature of boards.ie when I first joined, having previously been a regular member of other more relaxed sites.

However, all of this is getting away from your original question about the current state of play in the Australian IT market. I can't offer any useful advice, but hopefully some other boardsies will be able to help - to this end it would probably be useful for you to provide a bit more on your professional background and areas of expertise.

If you still feel that I have Done You Wrong and want to pursue this further, I would suggest that you take a look at the boards.ie Dispute Resolution page.

• Advertisement

i wish u had posted the advice first rather than having a go
    Thanks for the heads up however

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Hi,

I for one am interested in this thread and how the market compares to two years ago as I have my eye on IT career developments in Australia. However I have just wasted my time reading the moderators condescending comments.

Good on you wellsr for updating an old thread, I gladly read through it to see what people thought of two years ago and I hope some people will reply and give an update in the context of the last two years

At the end of the day it's only a forum, no need for anyone to get stressed about it :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

lima wrote: »
    Hi,

I for one am interested in this thread and how the market compares to two years ago as I have my eye on IT career developments in Australia. However I have just wasted my time reading the moderators condescending comments.

Good on you wellsr for updating an old thread, I gladly read through it to see what people thought of two years ago and I hope some people will reply and give an update in the context of the last two years

At the end of the day it's only a forum, no need for anyone to get stressed about it :-)
    Absolutely, removing part of the original message and condescending remarks can hardly be of much use to the forum as a whole. Not much point typing this anyways as it will most likely be removed.

I´d like to know how the market is going too. At least a thread shows that people are looking for the information, keep it high in serps and maybe somebody will pop on and give yous/us some advice.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

If anyone has any issues with the moderation in a thread please report the post or take it to the dispute resolution forum.

Please can we get back on topic here.

Advertisement