Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

does the new slim have internet browser like ps3?

• 01-12-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

basically wat iv asked above? can you surf the internet like on the ps3?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

davemc180 wrote: »

The Slim is just a new hardware revision, the dashboard is just like all the other xbox 360s. There is no Internet Browser on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭davemc180

cheers , i tought it would have been updated.. thats a big turn off now may aswel keep the old xbox 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

*shrugs* i have no idea why you would even want a browser on a console, like i have a laptop, i have a phone, i dont need another device to get onto websites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    *shrugs* i have no idea why you would even want a browser on a console, like i have a laptop, i have a phone, i dont need another device to get onto websites

Sorry for not being as rich as you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

If something is for everything usualy is for nothing ;),console is for playing games ,we have much more as a Divix.mp3 and few others

• Advertisement

Sorry for not being as rich as you...
    Oh dont be petty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

While I'd like a browser as I've a chatpad, and it'd make perfect sense, given Microsoft's experience in the browser market, I don't think it'd be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭davemc180

no i just woulda imagined they want to keep up with the opisition..

and not everyone has a laptop and android phone pal:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Gooch2k4 wrote: »

I never thought much of it at first but it is quite handy for things like rteplayer,much rather watch it on the tv than laptop or phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Personally i would love a browser.
    I have a laptop and phone etc, but being able to use it to surf through my telly isnt possible at the moment.
    As its not HD.

That and a blu ray player is the only reasons i would buy a ps3.
    But if i get a HD telly, then obviously i would be able to connect my macbook through HDMI, so the use for buying a ps3 is then gone.

• Advertisement

You must have an ancient laptop if your TV has higher resolution

>_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I use the browser nearly everyday, not to check sites but to watch TV on the big screen while i mess about on the laptop, like right now i'm watching the latest Walking dead episode while typing this. I cant really watch TV on my laptop due to the terrible speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

you could have easily typed that into google , how lazy are you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Yeah the wii and the ps3 have free to use internet browsers :)

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Yeah the wii and the ps3 have free to use internet browsers :)
    The Wii doesnt IIRC, i think you have to pay for it

edit: scratch that, it is free, shows how long its been since ive used my Wii!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sing when your winnin

no i just woulda imagined they want to keep up with the opisition..

and not everyone has a laptop and android phone pal:rolleyes:

Imo, they're ahead of the oposition. XBL is way more advanced than what the playstation offers.
    Not many households out there without a PC nowadays anyway I would imagine......

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Microsoft most likely didn't want to be facing another anti-competitive lawsuit for including IE with XBox and not giving options to install others :p

Anyway, I've often wondered why they didn't include a browser like the others did (not that I think the browsers on the others are up to much). But given the Twitter and Facebook integration on the console, it seems a silly omission unless they want to make sure people keep buying Windows machines.

BTW, those lame comments about "not being rich enough" for stuff - an phone with wifi is less than fifty quid guys :)

Kharn wrote: »
    BTW, those lame comments about "not being rich enough" for stuff - an phone with wifi is less than fifty quid guys :)

Thank you! god some people are so petty

Advertisement