Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody Not Having Post Delivered?

Options
  • 01-12-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

ordered a few bits & bobs online over a week ago, got an email cofirming shipment, i have ordered from the same online retailer many times in the past & always delivered on time, also expecting a letter from the bank ;) but that hasn't arrived either. in fact we've not had a letter through the letterbox in over a week. is this down to the weather? im in the castleknock area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Ring the sorting office. I think that the phone number is 820-1177.
    If that is not it, ring An Post Customer Service at 1850-57-58-59 for the right info.

Post is some areas of Dublin not being delivered: http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/News+and+Information/Severe+weather+alert.htm
    Though D15 is not mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I got post today! (a bill unfortunately)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

We got ours today. No bills thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

I/we havent had post in three(working) days and even on that day he was a cheeky so and so. Gave my Dad(in his 70s) grief over us not having a letter box, must not be in the An Post training manual on how to open a porch door.

Back to the topic, one of the lads 5 minutes walk from me is getting post, but he has a different postman. Whats regular for where I am(Brookhaven area) is someone comes down on overtime ranging from 2-8ish to fill in the gap.

A bit off topic, but some reasons as to why we normally dont get post and there is the weather but there is people delivering leaflets etc and I doubt their on better pay than postmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

jeffk wrote: »
    I/we havent had post in three(working) days and even on that day he was a cheeky so and so. Gave my Dad(in his 70s) grief over us not having a letter box, must not be in the An Post training manual on how to open a porch door.

Back to the topic, one of the lads 5 minutes walk from me is getting post, but he has a different postman. Whats regular for where I am(Brookhaven area) is someone comes down on overtime ranging from 2-8ish to fill in the gap.

A bit off topic, but some reasons as to why we normally dont get post and there is the weather but there is people delivering leaflets etc and I doubt their on better pay than postmen.

Im just across from you in Warrenstown and were not getting our post either only junk leaflets :mad:

• Advertisement

blondie7 wrote: »
    Im just across from you in Warrenstown and were not getting our post either only junk leaflets :mad:

Edit: There`s a postman just @ my door now!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

My postman was around this morning before I even got up. He bloody loves the snow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Me neither, in Mulhuddart.

No sign of a postman for me in Carpenterstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Been ok for me in Castaheany. 2 deliveries this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

got our mail in mulhuddart today.

got our mail in mulhuddart today.

We didn't :( My mam and dad trekked down to the sorting office to collect theirs today. I still have to go down for mine...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Got post today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

still no post here in laurel lodge castleknock, been at least 7 days now which is totally unacceptable

Remember to bring photo ID with you to collect your post from the depot. And a utility bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

no post at all last week, might go to sorting office to collect it,

do they frown on this or am i helping out the postie by collecting?

With the weather there's a notice on An Posts website confirming that this can be done, you have to have ID and proof of address though.

Eh...

Update from An Post:
    Severe weather alert
    06/12/2010

Service update: Monday 6 December 2010 (9.30am)

Severe weather conditions nationwide are still impacting many essential services including those provided by An Post. The continued adverse weather has seriously curtailed mails delivery services all week.

There will be no residential deliveries in the following areas:

There will be no deliveries of mail in residential areas from the following Delivery Service Units:

Dublin 3
    Dublin 5
    Dublin 17
    Mail is available for collection with suitable ID from these Delivery Services Units.

Severely restricted deliveries
    While An Post staff are making every effort to deliver mail wherever possible across the country today, the collection and delivery of mail will be restricted in all areas, particularly

Dublin 6
    Dublin 6W
    Dublin 13
    Dublin 18
    Glenageary
    No delivery of mail
    There will be no deliveries from Dublin 15. Mail is NOT available for collection.

An Post greatly regrets this disruption to service. We are working around the clock to minimise the impact of the current spell of bad weather on services.

Thank you.

Well sod them anyways, its my post and I want it! ha

This is a bit pathetic; bin trucks are making into the estates so why can't An Post? And why is the sorting office closed?

• Advertisement

Yeah the sorting office should be open at least, I had planned to head down and collect my post this morning, got none all last week and was expecting some... :|

Postman just cycled by my house, in Mulhuddart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well I just thought I would say fair play to the few post men that have managed to get some post out.

From my experience any excuse and they don't deliver, so im not surprised at these events with the snow/ice.

As far as collecting it, they love that, or well the lads in the sorting office do. Ive been told theres post but know one to sort it and yeah theres post if you want to collect it.

Heres another idea, get a few vans down to the car park beside the libary in the shopping centre or even verona/coolmine carkparks. Im sure the owners wont mind the free publicity/brownie points.

website has been updated again and no collectioned from dublin 15 has been removed.

well I just thought I would say fair play to the few post men that have managed to get some post out.

Here here.

Im bashing An post not the lads/ladies that deliver it. My dad said to the postman would they not drop you round in a van, to which he said that shower dont care.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Had post today. Castaheany here.

I cant imagine getting any today either with the fresh snow,

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Post delivered today in Luttrellstown, in fairness to our postman we have had post delivered almost every day...

• Advertisement

I finally got some post in Riverwood. One item had a postmark of 29 Nov, another dated 23 Nov!

Advertisement