Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice to your younger self

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

I would tell me to clear the family computers history every day between the ages of 14 and 18.

Actually, might be better just to set the CPU on fire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

fearcruach wrote: »
    ...might be better just to set the CPU on fire.
    Better off taking a hammer to the hardrive to be honest. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

You won't go blind..It was a lie all along

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dpe

I'd tell him not to trust the crazy white haired dude with the DeLorean and give him a sports almanac.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Keep those transformers and other such action figures in their boxes . Other geekish folks might pay good money one day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Regardless of what anyone says everything is about money other than those closest to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Nine is too young, all I would think is that some creepy guy who looked a bit like my Dad was telling me a load of Scary stuff. I'd wait until I was a teenager and then give me the lowdown. But mostly I would bring back the lottery numbers for several draws and warn me solemnly to make sure I buy the ticket.

Then I'd return to my time a rich man.

On the other hand, maybe I'd tell him nothing. I have two little boys of my own now. I wouldn't want them to never have existed. Except that I might have given him last Tuesday's Eurolotto results and the horse racing results for yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

• Enjoy school, but don't be the class dosser.
    • Try to understand your parents, someday you will get some of what they were trying to do.
    • Explore the world, every chance you get.
    • Stop trying to impress others, people like you for who you really are, if they don't, they are not your friends.
    • If you feel like you need a piss after you have gone to bed, get up and do it.. it won't go away.
    • Family are important.
    • If you are good at something you enjoy, keep at it, someday you might make a living out of it.
    • Tell your mum you love her.
    • Don't do what you think is expected, do what you think is right.
    • Bro. David the headmaster is, and always was a dick.. Show him no respect.
    • Avoid physical confrontation, but if needed, defend yourself with force.

What advice would you give your younger self?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Don't start smoking :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Advice I should have given myself last Tuesday: What the fúck do you think you're doing getting on a plane from Australia!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭me m

get more fanny :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Old Tom

"Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

go out with some of the less attractive girls in first & second year in secondary school that you turned down, they turn out to be quite good looking by 4/5th year and onwards

"Chill. It's gonna be grand."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Brown nose the boss.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Don't worry so much about algebra, you will never use it again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

DO NOT GO OUT THAT NIGHT
    Satan has unleashed the ultimate assh***e and you will be stuck with said ass.....e for two years. Stay home, drink tea. all will be well!! :D

2 Years down the line
    next time take my advice!! :D

DO NOT GO OUT THAT NIGHT
    Satan has unleashed the ultimate assh***e and you will be stuck with said ass.....e for two years. Stay home, drink tea. all will be well!! :D

Are you happy with your life now?

Are you happy with your life now?

Yes and no :D haha. Long story short - better off without said ass***e but would like those two years back!! :D

• Advertisement

Yes and no :D haha. Long story short - better off without said ass***e but would like those two years back!! :D

Well those two years made you who you are today. Sounds like utter bullsh*t but when you've been through alot of crap you eventually find a silver lining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Don't waste your time trying to make certain friends that you think are cool, (they will only use you at every opportunity).

Spend more time with your parents, they died way too young.

Otherwise, you have a great life, travelled the world, wonderful husband and 3 great kids, enjoy it ;-))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

- Your instincts are usually right - have more faith in them!
    - Be single as much as possible.
    - SAVE. Get into the habit as young as possible.
    - Don't beat yourself up for f*cking up the odd time. But do make sure to learn from your mistakes.
    - Prioritise your health.
    - Choose your battles wisely. Don't stress about the little things.
    - Say "yes" more.
    - It's never too late to start over. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Eh nothing, I probably wouldnt listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Ok so when you are living in Galway you'll see a girl in blue in the shopping centre and yous'll smile at each other.... go bang her

but be sure to be single on your 22nd birthday otherwise you won't meet the girl you will fall in love with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭twinytwo

1) Never turn your back on a ninja

2) If you cant lift her dont shift her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Niall558

"Dont do drugs, Niall!!"

That would of helped me big time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Wouldn't change a thing myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Merged with the last 2 threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Take the red pill and the blue pill. Take all the pills, oh and if you see a pretty lady with an Adams apple, stay well clear. It'll end badly for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Dump her now before you waste the next 3 years of your life.

Do not go near hot culinary devices ever, ie saucepans, microwaves - you have an uncanny ability at burning yourself everytime. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I'd say "Beware of a girl with the initials AMC, she's a jealous possessive psychotic nymphomaniac that will waste 3 yrs of your life. Ride her a few times and tell all your friends about her and you'll discover they all rode her too. She might come across as an innocent little virgin, she's not, she's fúcking MENTAL...dump her!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cliffandclare

To 16 yr old self
    That new girl who joined your group will split ye all up, she is an evil bitch.
    Do not believe that just because people are nice to your face that they are not rotten behind your back
    You have a fantastic figure now and you will have till your mid twenties dont put on that extra stone, it wont suit you and will be a nightmare to get rid of

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Jagdtiger

A FAS officer once asked me if I could go back and tell my younger self not to study architecture would I?

...wish I could go back and tell myself to tell her to get stuffed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭tahina

Listen to your gut insticnt stupid he would still be alive if ya bothered enough to give him time. He needed someone. Some
    Friend you turned out to be. Dont be so selfish i will always hate you for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Out Of The Night

Dear younger self,
    Have more fun! Appreciate every good thing you have in your life because you have a lot. Also, learn to drive as soon as possible.

Advertisement