Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

60% off Pro Gel Team Gloves

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

At that price and no delivery charge has to be worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Lashed

Was looking out for a new pair of gloves. Got the pro shoe covers a few months back and are very happy with them so I hope the gloves are as good quaity but for that price how bad can they be.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DrFive

Hey bcmf,

Don't bother with these things at all, i got a pair last week and they are awful.

The description classifies them as waterproof and windproof, breathable and suitable for -10 to 5 degrees - unless i got a dodgy pair this is all lies. They soak through after 5- 10 minutes, the cold whips through them and even if its dry and they do become warm (from walking around not cycling) they're not breathable at all, fingers nearly fell off Monday and they are still awful even with another pair of gloves underneath.

As i said i possibly could have got a dodgy pair but i'm not so sure they're just so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

DrFive wrote: »
    Hey bcmf,

Don't bother with these things at all, i got a pair last week and they are awful.

The description classifies them as waterproof and windproof, breathable and suitable for -10 to 5 degrees - unless i got a dodgy pair this is all lies. They soak through after 5- 10 minutes, the cold whips through them and even if its dry and they do become warm (from walking around not cycling) they're not breathable at all, fingers nearly fell off Monday and they are still awful even with another pair of gloves underneath.

As i said i possibly could have got a dodgy pair but i'm not so sure they're just so bad.
    GAH!! They have already been shipped

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Anyone else get a pair, what are they like?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Cabaal wrote: »
    Anyone else get a pair, what are they like?

Mine aren't shipped, deciding at the minute whether or not to cancel them :confused: Little time remains.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Mine aren't shipped, deciding at the minute whether or not to cancel them :confused: Little time remains.

Apparently "processing" means they cannot be cancelled :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

For anyone else considering buying these, there is another negative review on Wiggle. Mind you I've seen some terrible reviews of stuff that I have found very good, and some great reviews of stuff that I have found terrible (you listening Endura, I'm talking to you, and I'm not a happy bunny!), so they may well work out great for some people.

I suppose everyone'e tolerence and 'feel' of the cold is differnet. Hopefully mine arrive tommorrow and I can stick up a quick review

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭eoghan84

I bought these about a fortnight ago and I love them. I actually bought them for the "intermediate" cold weather that we were having then and for comuting cycling which is always under an hour and that is what I think they suit best. I have a pair of heavier gloves but its nice to have ones which are thick but not huge and these are like that. At 14e I didn't expect miracles from them. Now with this new big freeze I haven't been cycling as much but I've gone for loads of long walks using these gloves and I find that they are fine, my hands are warm in them. So I actually ordered in a second pair since!

The big issue and one which was highlighted in the reviews on CRC is the sizing. Ive got fairly thin fingers so I'm normally medium but I ordered large and its spot on the right size for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I'm going to take a punt on the DHB Amberley II Glove on Wiggle after Christmas - i'm sure there'll be a bit of a sale at that stage.
    The 2010 Amberley glove got rave reviews in terms of waterproof(ness) and warmth.

I suffer really badly with cold fingers (Reynauds syndrome) regardless of being on a bike or not - so you can just imagine what cycling in cold and wet conditions does to my poor digits. Hopefully these gloves will be the answer to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Mr Velo wrote: »
    I'm going to take a punt on the DHB Amberley II Glove on Wiggle after Christmas - i'm sure there'll be a bit of a sale at that stage.
    The 2010 Amberley glove got rave reviews in terms of waterproof(ness) and warmth.

I suffer really badly with cold fingers (Reynauds syndrome) regardless of being on a bike or not - so you can just imagine what cycling in cold and wet conditions does to my poor digits. Hopefully these gloves will be the answer to that.

Wiggle and CRC had better sales before xmas rather than in January last year and I imagine the same will be true this year. Probably better to get the gloves now while wiggle have a discount and unless you're not cycling you'll need good gloves for December.

Well mine arrived this morning. At the moment I can just comment on the sizing.I bought xl and I have big hands. Certainly should have got a xxl or even the xxxl (if there was one) deffo wont be getting a thinner 'liner' glove underneath.
    They look nice and cosy whether they are or not .....

^^^^+1 on the sizing, at the minute I'd recommend going at least one, if not two sizes bigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Put my order in for a pair on Monday along with a few other things to bring the order just over the £100 threshold and thus availing of the 10% discount. I've got small hands for a male but went for a medium. Guessing that I probably should have gone for a large now:( I'll find out when they arrive, I guess.

Mine fit but they are incredibly tight, as in the right one is nearly impossible to get on. Giving them a test drive in 20 minutes, will report in this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Just got 'em. They are sized 'medium' but they are considerably smaller than my Madison Gel winter gloves which are sized 'small'.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Lashed

CramCycle wrote: »
    ^^^^+1 on the sizing, at the minute I'd recommend going at least one, if not two sizes bigger

Mine arrived today. As above, I could have gone for 1 size larger. They still fit though and I'd rather have them snug than too big.
    Quality seems good. Obviously cannot comment on waterproofness (is that even a word?) etc. but for E14 I'm happy with them.

Went from Rathfarnham to tallaght to UCD so far and they seem grand, not sure if it's the snug fit but at zero they seem fine. Not toasty but in no way cold. I'll give a more through update after I come home tomorrow morning and it is around -4 on the way.

Got home, gloves are grand, it wasn't minus 4 it was about 0 but still no complaint.

• Advertisement

I have currently only worn mine while clearing the snow/ice from the footpath and in that sense well -no complaints.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Could be worth a shot. Keep the reviews coming! These have to be better than the ones i bought for 2 euro's in Alpha bargains on Thomas St, right? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Same here, mine arrived yesterday, the 'large' size I ordered were a bit tighter than expected, but XL might have been miles too big. They look bloody great for the money, will give them a lash on the bike over the weekend.

Advertisement