Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendations for SLR course in Dublin

• 01-12-2010 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

I saw the list of courses available for digital photography but I was wondering if people could give me their recommendations or feedback on any digital photography classes that they have done in Dublin recently.

My boyfriend has had an SLR for the last 18 months or so. I was looking to get him a course on the settings and controls of the camera for different effects and so he can get the most out of his camera - so more of the camera itself and less of the Photoshop type course.

Has anyone any recommendations? I always feel word-of-mouth is so much better than just searching the net and picking a course that "looks good".

Any help would be much appreciated!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Have a look on the photo expeditions section and get him to go along to one of the meets, getting out and taking photos is the best way to learn and there are lots of different levels on the day to help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

try the institute of photography - they offer a variety of courses.

if a workshop is in mind and if the BF like landscapes then try petercox photography - he runs weekend workshops and that kinda thing.

both the above of some repute so worthwhile checking out what they have to offer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Dublin Camera Club run a 10 week course that starts in late January. It's normally sold out by late December though. Details on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cinematic

Thanks everyone, photo expeditions are a great idea and the recommendations for courses are very much appreciated!

Cheers people!! :D

Advertisement