Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotbird help

• 01-12-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭

i got a cyfra + card over on adverts, i am using a ferguson fx-6600 cr reciever, i cannot get the required transponders either by auto or manual scan, it shows signal level @ 30% and signal quality @ 0%, the transponders i require are 10.719 v and 10.829 h sr 25500, a lot of the stations are showing up as signal level 90% + and signal quality 88% +, but no picture, i have no such probs with both the astra beams, any help is appreciated. when scanning hotbird no transponder under 11200, is picked up, would this mead that the dish is slightly out ?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

When you say both Astra beams, do you mean just the UK channels, or UK+German/European?

If all you can get at the moment is UK channels from Astra 2 @ 28.2e, then you need a second feed to get Hotbird. Either a motorised dish, or if you have an 80cm dish, a multi LNB holder, or a second dish pointing at Hotbird.

The fact that Hotbird is listed on your receiver doesn't mean you can get it, it's just there to allow you to tune in when you have the second feed set up.

The reason some transponders are giving you high readings is that they are the same frequencies as ones on Astra 2, the ones you want have no equivalents on Astra 2, so you're getting no signal.

If I've misunderstood, and you do have a seperate feed from Hotbird, please elaborate, what exactly is your current dish set up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭flutered

hi, i have an 90cm triax with 3 lnbs on it, feeding a diseqc switch, it may be possible that the recent storm moved it, i can bring each of the 3 birds up seperately on screen, then work from there, thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

OK, sorry for stating the obvious:D

It does sound like either the dish or the Hotbird LNB has moved, probably the LNB if the Astra ones are OK. I had similar problems with my old dish, it would move slightly in the wind, and certain transponders would drop off or disappear, the rest would seem fine.

Advertisement