Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Maximus vs. Team Xecuter

Options
  • 01-12-2010 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Few days ago Team-X announced X360USB PRO, a device which should allow you to connect ANY xbox 360 dvd drive to your computer through USB.

Today we had another announcment from competitive Team Maximus: 360 Lizard

While first one is going to replace VIA sata devices, second seems to be standalone device.

What are your thoughts on this? Would you buy any of them, or you wouldn't trust USB connection / small embedded gizmo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

not mad on either of them its taking the fun out of it me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

that usb xecuter thingy would suit me better, as I don't have a pc, using laptop with linux on it. Every time I want to do a drive I need to boot to WinXP, but with usb I could just bridge that to my XP VM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

They'd keep quiet and I just took the CK3 pro plunge. Arseholes :p

ye would be great for laptops alright i run win 7 and xp on my desktop and also have an external sata port on my pc so its real easy for me to hook up a drive already. no opening my case up dont really mind having to boot in to xp for a few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Did we know anything about prices for both?

• Advertisement

rumour says about 80$

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

massy086 wrote: »
    ye would be great for laptops alright i run win 7 and xp on my desktop and also have an external sata port on my pc so its real easy for me to hook up a drive already. no opening my case up dont really mind having to boot in to xp for a few mins

You dont need to boot into xp anymore. I do all my flashing through W7

i dont know why but i just like using xp and i find win 7 x64 hit and miss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

massy086 wrote: »
    i dont know why but i just like using xp and i find win 7 x64 hit and miss

Agreed, I've used W7 twice at this stage for flashing. Once it didn't work, the most recent time it did. Same install, just the drive was different. So perhaps it's better on some drives over others?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I also use W7 for flashing and never had problems, you should have the SATA connection from the VIA card on the port nearest to the motherboard.

justryan wrote: »
    I also use W7 for flashing and never had problems, you should have the SATA connection from the VIA card on the port nearest to the motherboard.
    nah my set-up is fine just win 7 x64 can be picky xp every time no probs so i just stick with it like some people stick with dos

Although im happy flashing with my VIA in win 7.

Out of the two i have more respect for Maximus, i find xecuter more in it for the $$$.

And for the 2nd time team x have rushed out an announcement to steal the thunder on maximus. They dont even have a prototype ready. Just fancy cases and schematics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

cisk wrote: »
    They dont even have a prototype ready. Just fancy cases and schematics.

They say they've sent Team Jungle prototypes

cisk wrote: »
    Although im happy flashing with my VIA in win 7.

Out of the two i have more respect for Maximus, i find xecuter more in it for the $$$.

And for the 2nd time team x have rushed out an announcement to steal the thunder on maximus. They dont even have a prototype ready. Just fancy cases and schematics.
    O sure they dont ;)

http://www.team-xecuter.com/x360usbpro/benq/

Pah BenQs are the easiest to read/write. Wanna see some liteon action.

Ehh like thousands of others ,if not see never belive.Same as slim story,no way after 2 months how ;).

360lizard release date and price announced: 14th January, 99$

$99 they can kiss my modding a$$

Bit high its about 75euros.For this mone i can get pentium 4 computer which can do anything 5 time quicker and more stable than this small thing.

Advertisement