Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the college close?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Thanks, that's what I thought too but one of the Lloyd building staff told me I should be able to get in with my student card? They were probably wrong.

Pretty sure it's only postgrads/staff who have swipe access into the Lloyd anyway. I tried before and it didn't work for me. Unless you were just talking about the college gates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 3 little birds

Mark200 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's only postgrads/staff who have swipe access into the Lloyd anyway. I tried before and it didn't work for me. Unless you were just talking about the college gates.

Hmm no, they said I should be able to swipe into the Lloyd. I guess I'll just have to wait til Monday. Hopefully college will be open then..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Everyone's swipe card works everywhere. They shouldn't, but last year they had to scrap the access system as it was getting overloaded and just leave it an open system. The Buildings Office will confirm if you ask.

FWIW, I swipe into the Lloyd building all the time, and I'm not postgrad or staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Jehuty42 wrote: »
    Everyone's swipe card works everywhere. They shouldn't, but last year they had to scrap the access system as it was getting overloaded and just leave it an open system. The Buildings Office will confirm if you ask.

FWIW, I swipe into the Lloyd building all the time, and I'm not postgrad or staff.

Fair enough! It was almost two years ago when I tried swiping in and it didn't work, so maybe it has changed like you described. I'll have to check that out because I have a locker in the Lloyd so it'd be pretty handy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Everyone's swipe card works everywhere.
    Mine still does not swipe into LG12 despite numerous helpdesk tickets being "forwarded to the appropriate people".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Not true, the Parsons building had no undergrad access at the beginning of the year and the SS had to get specially added to the access list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

Agreed, I know this cause I had no access to the building in which I work for nearly 2 months at the beggining of the year because access control messed up the lists...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

I had a locker in the Lloyd last year (JF) and my swipe card worked.

Advertisement