Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating my own E-Zine

Options
  • 01-12-2010 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I've never created an e-zine or newsletter before and I've caught the job of making one up for work. Do any of you know a good facility to design one on a relatively low budget? I'm not sure of the options available to me so any advice, even things that seem obvious to you, is appreciated.

Cheers,

Bebs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Freemancon

There are a couple of different ways that you can go...

1. Install PHPlists and host it yourself. It is Free and Open Source. This gives you almost infinite flexibility with all the functionality you would expect and more.

con: It is a bit technical to setup...so not for the noobie

2. You can choose one of the hosted solutions online - Mailchimp and constant contact are our favourites. Easy setup and good prices.

con: they don't like you sending to sales@ and info@ email addresses...so if you have a lot of Irish clients that insist on using these as their primary emails..you run into some problems. Also, you are obviously limited to the number you send out and the ability to integrate it with other things....though this is getting better - particularly with mailchimp.

Advertisement