Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change from working holiday visa to tourist

Options
  • 01-12-2010 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Looking for some advice here if anyone has any wisdom. Granted the working holdiay visa but due to circumsatnces i wont be in oz long enough to work. I want to change to a tourist visa so i can have the opporunity to use working holidat at another stage.

Have tried to contact OZ government online but they have not responded and I am not in ireland so cant ring embassy. If anyone has any answers to some questions I would really appreciate it.

How do I go about canceling my old visa and applying for the new one? I applied online so can I change it online

Will I still be entitled to take a working holiday visa at a later stage if I change to a tourist visa?

Is the fee for my first visa non refundable or can this be used as the fee for a later working holiday visa, as long as I satisfy all other conditions?

Thanks for any help

Barry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

coldpaw wrote: »
    Looking for some advice here if anyone has any wisdom. Granted the working holdiay visa but due to circumsatnces i wont be in oz long enough to work. I want to change to a tourist visa so i can have the opporunity to use working holidat at another stage.

Have tried to contact OZ government online but they have not responded and I am not in ireland so cant ring embassy. If anyone has any answers to some questions I would really appreciate it.

How do I go about canceling my old visa and applying for the new one? I applied online so can I change it online

Will I still be entitled to take a working holiday visa at a later stage if I change to a tourist visa?

Is the fee for my first visa non refundable or can this be used as the fee for a later working holiday visa, as long as I satisfy all other conditions?

Thanks for any help

Barry

Start by here http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/email/eform-processing-centres.htm?35

and if you cancel it then yes apply another time

I think you lose your money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Barry, you'd be as well to try an call immigration in australia. Forget the easy online contact cop-out. just call them. Doesn't matter where you are, just try to get them as early as humanly possible their time.

Fees are generally non-refundable, i'd go as far to say it's absolutely non-refundable, but do ask them. I'd also have my doubts as to whether you can just drop it and change to a tourist visa, unless you have not activated it yet (i.e. entered aus already on your whv). as far as i know, if you're granted one visa, then you apply for and are granted a different one, the most recent one will supersede the original one. But i have no idea how this will affect you applying for another WHV. You will only find out for sure by calling them.

Advertisement