Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER revoked

Options
  • 01-12-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have completed a good few BER's and was audited recently. This was my fifth audit in total :rolleyes:. I recieved two penalty points on one BER and now the BER has been revoked. I found the explanation from SEAI to be very poor with little information. I contacted them asking for more information and got no reply.

Has anyone else been in this situation. I gather from reading some of the threads here that others arent happy with the level of service with the SEAI.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

never had one revoked. but if it pertains to your last penalty points? maybe your answer is there?

ie if say, you were audited on photos, and some info on the photos didnt match the BER cert (for example d/g pvc windows shown, but s/g inputted) then i suppose they dont have any choice but to revoke.

what did you get the points for?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

This is their comments,

unacceptable information provided:

1. Dimensions of floor area incorrect
    2. ventilation fans and passivents number incorrect
    3. building elements and wall u-value incorrect.

Now as far as I was aware 10 penalty points and your out is their rule. So I emailed them asking for clarification on these points as I couldnt see anything wrong with my calculations and I didnt get a reply to this. I recieved an email today saying the BER is revoked.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

what was your audit?

did you have to send in your survey sheet?

actually sounds as if they did an on-site survey themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

sydthebeat wrote: »
    what was your audit?

did you have to send in your survey sheet?

actually sounds as if they did an on-site survey themselves

No it was a desk review audit and i didnt have to send a survey sheet maybe i should have?. Is it a case that the seai dont reply to you when you get penalty points? My reply was appealing their penalty points looking for info and calcs from them yet i dont get any reply to same and then they just revoke the BER.

Advertisement